xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hype

Windows Media Player 11 Officially Release!

I practically forgot about that, although i been using the beta since it came out. Funny no one really kept tabs on this even while everyone was waiting for IE7 to come out complete.downloading now :lol:

Yea quite true! I didnt even bother much about Windows Media Player and I happen to found out about this official release while I was in school going over Microsoft homepage and found it out.. Then I went on a google search and found out it was out just 2 hours ago, and then I waited till I was home and download it and then post this threads! WMP11 works pretty cool, but I cant figure out why my friend says WMP10 is better...

It's sort of funny I was thinking about this the other day but never really looked into it. I was wondering why Windows Media Player 11 had been on Beta for so long but I guess it is out after all final version. I like this version a lot especially the interface. It took me a little bit though to get used to some of the different features. Time to check out if there is any changes since Beta 2. Downloading it now.

so...was is this going to be what is pre-installed on vista? or just a preview of it? and also is this going to be what is used with the Zune? i think i may stick with 10.

Yes it will be pre-installed along with IE, I don't know of any other free Microsoft software that is being updated at lthis time. Besides Microsoft Office 2007.

Cool, i have also been using the beta, now i need to download the release version and get some skins :(I hope that it has got ridden of those slight bugs, some of the time it has trouble loading some songs for me, which the old Windows media player did not :( Weird :lol:

Edited by Bkag (see edit history)

Thanks for the notice, I forgot i had the Beta too lol.I already installed it and for me, it looks the same, nothing changed except for the Playlist panel (for some reason, i see it like improved).

Is that all it has? To me it seems like a waste of time to install it right now, the windows media player 9 or 10 or whichever I have does the job for me, and just for an improved playlist.... I dont think so.

I think Windows Media Player 11 would be coming out with Windows Vista but it would be a little different from them.. I have read it somewhere that the Windows Media Player 11 is just a preview for Windows XP that how it would look like in Windows Vista when its out together with it...

Windows Media Player 11 is really coolI love it more than the previous versionsIt has a cool interface and good layout and even performs wellIt has a new service named Urge silimilar to iTunes provided by Apple.

windows media player 11 is out eh? how is it, i haven't heard about it since the release of the first beta, and i heard it had loads of problems then, how is it now? any1 mind giving me some info?

I don't really use it but this is a advancement. Think when the version comes out that isn't a beta test. It will be like a big MP3 on your computer. I use limewire and my IRC dialog player (Scripted by me) :lol: But i saw screen shots i love its look at feel.