xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
it01y2

Explode Function Help need help from you programmers

:lol: Hi I am robert I need some help with some php coding. I am stuck with a explode function.Here is the code:$username = $check[uname];$query="SELECT `buildings` FROM `authuser` WHERE `uname` = '$username'";$result=mysql_query($query);$result=mysql_result($result,0);list($building1,$building2,$building3,$building4,$building5,$building6,$building7,$building8,$building9,$building10,)=explode('|',$result,'|',$position);I want to explode a mysql field into two seperate fields so egbuilding then position, building then position etc...I want to create a variable for the building then the position eg $building1 then $postion1 then $building2 then $building2 etc...Any ideas?

What does the data for $buildings look like?

Please post a sample for us to review. The explode() needs a unique character or set of characters to use as a delimiter.

PHP reference for the function is here: explode ()