xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlternativeNick

Cpanel Access for a sub-domain?

The only way you could do this would be to give him access through your Cpanel Information. I think it would be cool if Cpanel had a feature where you can give certian people certian restrictions, like One person only has the ability to mess with the Sub-domains and mySql Databases etc... but as far as i know, on Xisto there is not a feature for that nor on any Cpanel in the world :lol: Sorry.

They could set up an account over at the Xisto.net which has an xPanel configuration (not the same, but practice is practice) and allows a single database. Free. No posting required, but a small ad banner across the top of the page.

Best thing you can do is set up maybe 5 dbs (polls, forum, log in, shoutbox) or anything else that you can imagine and give him the info he needs to work with.Just remember you will be the one maintaining it just in case something happens.

the only way is top set up nother account. you could create a subdomain in your cpanel account adn then an ftp address under the same directory. then if they have a TLD point it to the directory on the server. try Xisto.net

As what was said above, I don't think you can do it to have multiple access of CPanel. After all, it is a control panel as the name suggest for the site. And since the other sub-domains are within that site, it can only have 1 control panel. A situation to explain this would be like a work hierachy system, the administrator would add new workers, new positions, new departments, but he will not be able to give his access to these permissions to anyone else. If that were to happen, how would anyone keep track of what is being done?

Dear AlternativeNick i think Your member can not login at your cpanel and you can create cpanel child membership but you can use ftp child member and make account for subdomain only reseller and server admin can do it that