xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KenshinKRP

Reflecting Text Tutorial Adobe Photoshop CS2

Here you will learn how to create cool reflecting text effects!

Step 1. Once your ready to add text onto your signature your ready to being. With your text tool type what ever it may be. I suggest for this effect your text be on something black And your text white.

Posted Image

Step 2. Now we want to duplicate that layer to do this select the layer and hit ctrl+j.

Step 3. OK now that we have two of the same layer select the duplicated layer and hit ctrl+t. Right click it and hit flip vertically.

Step 4. You want to move it down just a bit. Make sure that nothing touches.

Posted Image

Step 5. Now set the opacity to about 40%. This should give you a nice look.

Posted Image

Extra: Now this is just a basic text reflection, there are other effects you can do once you know this very basic concept. So I encourage that you play around with it until you get something you like and that looks good.

you canget much cooler effects if you dont use a flat color as background , for example the Xisto name in the header can also be done following the above example upto step 4and move the reflected image more closer to the original text and then by setting eraser opacity to about 26% , just move the eraser in a horizontal line halfway below the reflected text three to four times and you are done , :lol:

you canget much cooler effects if you dont use a flat color as background , for example the Xisto name in the header can also be done following the above example upto step 4and move the reflected image more closer to the original text and then by setting eraser opacity to about 26% , just move the eraser in a horizontal line halfway below the reflected text three to four times and you are done , :lol:

You can also just use a gradient for the reflecting text as well. I always thought that they did something with the shadow or something or other to do the reflecting. I never really tried to do it that way. Pretty easy I guess in the end. Once upside down you just have to mess around with the settings a bit to make it look a bit more spiffy. lol I can't believe I never thought of doing it that way before.