xisto Community
Kuroshiro

What Should I Say To A Girl When Shes Sad?

If a girl is crying and you don't know what to do, let her know that you are there for her no matter what and that you miss her smile.

hi iam in love wit one girl but she already loved 1guy and he died 2years back but still now she is thinking of him and telling tht she won,t marry how i can change her mind right now iam talking with her just lik as friend

What should I say to a girl when shes sad?
I have so many friends (mostly girls) who gets really sad a lot. But I don't know what to say, or do to cheer her up. I need some advice.. I need some good advice, not some kind of advice like... just suck it up.. cheer up... turn that frown upside down.. etc.

Thanks guys. I hope you guys know more about girls than I do [and vice versa].

First - it always depends on the person. When someone gets sad, a lot of times it helps to just listen. It's never your job to change someone's mood or know what they are going through but you can still appreciate their experiences and even learn from them. If someone is really sad for no reason or a reason they don't want to talk about - it's not your job to "fix" them or the cause of that sadness. No one likes having their problems pointed out to them and no one likes to feel like their a problem that needs fixing... a burden... etc. If someone is sad it's nice to just be there for them. If they drag you down or you feel responsible for picking them up - it's not healthy for either person

Sometimes it's a matter of just letting them know youre there for them and respect/accept the ways that they feel.
Edited by moderator (see edit history)

If you are the one that has made the girl sad then just say sorry :P.On a serious note, the reason of being sad must be found out, some people have the tendency of becoming sad due to inner conflicts, I mean they keep on thinking about something so deeply that they start to construct unpleasant situations on that matter by themselves and get sad within and so many people nowadays have this issue. If it is something petty then try to divert her thoughts by doing what she likes the most, like if she's fond of ice-creams,then get her one. If it is out of something grave then do what a true friend would always do, talk to her or I would say start talking and then listen to her as she opens up.Not to forget that every human being has his/her own way of handling things, if the girl in question is of the type who wants to be left alone, then respect her choice and allow her to spend time with no one but herself.

As a girl... I'll try and offer my advice (but since no two girls are completely alike, who knows how useful this will be in other cases).When I'm sad, the number one thing that I want is a hug. Yes, it sounds basic, but it really does make me feel better to have someone hug me.I also want to hear "It's all going to be okay." and "No matter what, I'll always be here for you."Sometimes I want to talk. In those cases, I'm happy to have someone who will listen. It may take a couple of times in asking me what's wrong, but I'll usually walk through the door and speak about my problems if someone gives me the opportunity. (I sometimes need some time to work up the courage to say what's on my mind though, that's why it can take a couple times of gently asking what's wrong.) If I do start talking, then I'm not so much looking for someone to be rational, but more so someone who will listen without judgement so that I can get something that's been bugging me off my chest. Somehow things can get really bottled up inside and simply having someone there who's willing to listen can go a long way towards making me feel better.Other times I might not be ready to talk - chances are, if I've been asked 10 times what is wrong and I haven't yet answered, I'm not going to. In these cases, just a quiet few minutes with someone to lean on can make all the difference. Then I'm hoping for an easy transition into some light chatter about topics that don't really matter. (I don't really like to start the conversation, but I'm happy to answer if someone starts talking about "safe" topics - ie. not topics about me or my problems.) These are the times I just want to forget what's been on my mind and think about something else - anything else. In these situations, I still get to have my moment of sadness, reaffirm that someone cares about me, and then move on with my day.Like I said, no idea how relevant this will be with other girls, but that's pretty much where I'm at when I'm sad. Hopefully I've enlightened someone out there :)

The only advice I have is to be careful of what you say. You don't want to upset her any more. Give her some time to cool off.

Hey there , you right , i talk to my girl when shes said , n everything i say turns her down ... my only concern is cheer her up , make her feel better , but it turns worse than i thought , so i just give her time to be alone , for while cool down , then i talk to you her heheehe