xisto Community
Kuroshiro

What Should I Say To A Girl When Shes Sad?

What should I say to a girl when shes sad?I have so many friends (mostly girls) who gets really sad a lot. But I don't know what to say, or do to cheer her up. I need some advice.. I need some good advice, not some kind of advice like... just suck it up.. cheer up... turn that frown upside down.. etc.Thanks guys. I hope you guys know more about girls than I do [and vice versa].

The best answer I can give is.. it depends on what is making her sad. But if there was one thing that applies most often - try ice cream. I saw that in the movie "Just Friends" - which was pretty funny.

Well you can arrive with that girl and tell ''why are you sad? maybe i can help you'' but if its a big problem they have and you cant do anything then you just gotta tell ''the problems do not last forever, im sure your problem will be solved, dont let this destroy your day'' and then you can invite her/him to do something that she/him enjoy.

The best answer I can give is.. it depends on what is making her sad. But if there was one thing that applies most often - try ice cream. I saw that in the movie "Just Friends" - which was pretty funny.

Yes, follow a comedy. [sarcasm]

If she won't tell you wants wrong there's nothing you can do. My friends always came to shool upset, I'd ask what's wrong, and they'd say what anyone will "Nothing". If you don't know what's wrong you can't actually "help" her out. Girls, like HUGS! My friend was upset last week, all it took was a hug. And she "seemed" better. Atleast she's putting on a smile, make her forget her troubles for even a minute. Take her to the movies, just as friends ofcourse. Hugs, no kisses(unless you're her boyfriend). Ask her to come hang out with you guys in, if you're in seperate groups. Eventually she'll either tell you or get better.

I'm very tired right now so this might not be so accurate, but: I think the best thing to do is sympathize, unless she's complaining about PMS, sympathize. Try to make her feel better by sympathizing, it's nice to know someone understands you ^-^ jhsmurray said:

As Kubi said, it is a stupid idea to follow what a film says and this is an especially a bad idea if the girl in question is insecure about her weight. Just make her feel good about herself :lol:.

No, you dont understand what I am saying. I guess I mis-typed there. Please dont demonize me lol.

The commonly believed standard by which people feel better is through ice cream. Thats not funny, its just a commonality. THe movie was funny for different reasons, and wasnt making fun of people who eat ice cream. It just reminided me of a funny movie that may actually make her feel better. In other words you could take her to that movie, because its funny. And a funny movie might make her fell better.

this is an especially a bad idea if the girl in question is insecure about her weight

Of course it is, thats why I said that it all depends on the situation.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I don't think following a comedy movie wouldn't be as much helpful. Yeah, if theres nothing I can do, theres nothing I can do about it. Probably thinking up of somthing new would help out a little bit. If not, well, too bad then.

Best thing you can do is tell her that if she needs someone to talk to any time day or night that you can be relied on or have shoulder to cry on. She has to trust you if it's a personal problem, and the best thing you can do is listen to her and if you cannot give her an answer best suggestion would be to let her know what her options are on who can help her and what not.Don't do the comedy routine no matter how good of a friend you 2 are. Because that is bad taste and it shows you really don't care. It's all about trust, best thing is not to push it but let it come out slowly. Best thing to do is hang out with her, maybe get her mind off the problems she is having and when she feels she can trust you then she will let you know whats wrong with her.

Best thing you can do is tell her that if she needs someone to talk to any time day or night that you can be relied on or have shoulder to cry on. She has to trust you if it's a personal problem, and the best thing you can do is listen to her and if you cannot give her an answer best suggestion would be to let her know what her options are on who can help her and what not.
Don't do the comedy routine no matter how good of a friend you 2 are. Because that is bad taste and it shows you really don't care. It's all about trust, best thing is not to push it but let it come out slowly.

Best thing to do is hang out with her, maybe get her mind off the problems she is having and when she feels she can trust you then she will let you know whats wrong with her.

maybe u are right.I met a girl of my friend.some day she is sad and tell me to meet.
when we met ,she said she met some problems(for her it maybe a big ting or a terreble problem) and dont know how to do it.and want to cry and want to say it to some one.she is trusting me because we were good firends ,then that day I seat beside her listen to her story,maybe that thing you can help her or some parts you thought it was a little thing ,don't worry about it.just listened to her.when she is crying just let it be.I think she will be better after she cry.
I dont know your firend is the same sa mine. but I just do like that. hope yours will be happy soon!!
good luck!!

Just listening to a girl is what'll make her feel better. Also, don't just say, "Hey, what's wrong? Why are you sad?" before she tells you she is :lol: This happens to me so often... I'll have allergies or something and people will go, "oh, you poor thing. Why are you so depressed?" Listening is the key to anything with girls. If you want to make them feel better, if you want them to like you. It's all about listening to them go on and on about their own troubles.

Best thing you can do is tell her that if she needs someone to talk to any time day or night that you can be relied on or have shoulder to cry on. She has to trust you if it's a personal problem, and the best thing you can do is listen to her and if you cannot give her an answer best suggestion would be to let her know what her options are on who can help her and what not.
Don't do the comedy routine no matter how good of a friend you 2 are. Because that is bad taste and it shows you really don't care. It's all about trust, best thing is not to push it but let it come out slowly.

Best thing to do is hang out with her, maybe get her mind off the problems she is having and when she feels she can trust you then she will let you know whats wrong with her.

I have to agree with what SM said. Let em know you are there for them and don't push the subject. If you continually push them about the subject and they just can't stand to talk about it or atleast at this moment then leave it be. They will let it out sooner or later, but pushing them might make them feel worse or angry. If you can help then that's great if not do the best you can and help point her in the right direction.

What should I say to a girl when shes sad?
I have so many friends (mostly girls) who gets really sad a lot. But I don't know what to say, or do to cheer her up. I need some advice.. I need some good advice, not some kind of advice like... just suck it up.. cheer up... turn that frown upside down.. etc.

Thanks guys. I hope you guys know more about girls than I do [and vice versa].

well, me being a girl and all, you shouldn't say anything. They'll come around. :lol: good luck w/ your problems!!!!

girls can be rather complicated and hard to understand, especially when they're sad...well..my advice is, just talk if she doesn't mind..talk to her about anythin, try to get her mind off things and see if it helps...or if possible, try to get her to talk to you about the problem shes facing or the reason why shes down. from there, you just have to listen, let her talk, if she stops some where in between, you can give your opinions on what she can do, or what she should do, or if something happend, then you find reasons as to why she doesn't have to feel sad about it...if she is facing a problem, try help her solve it..there are a thousand and one scenarios that can be related to why a girl is feeling sad..so its rather hard, so...general guideline:-talk about stuff to start things off-talk about her problem-listen [VERY IMPORTANT]-from here on it depends on what exactly is making her feel down, usually when they feel sad, its because they relate things to themselves.....so what you can do is, you give them your opinions, or voice your thoughts from a third-person party's point of view, so that she can get the big picture, and either understand, get over it, or just realise its stupid and laugh it off.well...its not easy, i know how you feel. good luck man

Well, when any of my friends..well girls are sad I just try to cheer em up..like telling funny stuff etc. If that doesn't help I usually say `aww` and give her a hug :PYea, that helps like half of the times.But there isn't one exact thing for all of the girls because some of them...just don't want to be helped. Like my ex girlfriend. Try not to upset her more and be nice to her. Don't know if this helped much but the best you know the girl the best you can help her :(