xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KenshinKRP

C4d Smudging Tutorial Adobe Photoshop CS2

This C4d Smudging Tutorial will teach you how to make signatures like this.

[img242.imageshack.us/img242/9310/finishwr4.png]

Step 1. Open a 350x120 document and make it black. Go to Filter>Render>Len's Flare. Set it to 140 on 150mm Prime. Create new layer.

[img84.imageshack.us/img84/7000/step1qi6.gif]

Step 2. Open up 1 C4D Render you have and position it on the left and leave the right open. You can re size it using ctrl+t.

[img100/7221/step2xq1.gif]

Step 3. Hit ctrl+t then click on the image and hit flip horizontally. Position it right so that they meet in the middle.

[img100/7577/step3tj6.gif]

Step 4. Hit ctrl+e, and set the blending mode to screen.

[img177.imageshack.us/img177/2520/step4kw6.gif]

Step 5. Open up your main stock image, paste it on your signature in the making in the middle. Now re size it using ctrl+t. Remember hold shift while resizing for best quality.

[img84.imageshack.us/img84/3558/step5tl6.gif]

Step 6. Hit ctrl+j 5 times. Now hide all of the copy layers that you have now.

[img84.imageshack.us/img84/3558/step5tl6.gif]

Step 7. Move the original render layer to the far right and smudge it. Use these settings for best results. Set the layer to overlay.

[img100/8871/step7gy4.gif]

Step 8. Unhide the next layer and move it to the far left. Smudge it, use the same settings as before and set the layer to overlay.

[img84.imageshack.us/img84/561/step8yc0.gif]

Step 9. Unhide the next layer, smudge it. Set the blend mode on that layer to soft light. Next do filter>blur>Gaussian Blur set at 6.0.

[img100/628/step9yq8.gif]

Step 10. Unhide the next layer and set it to soft light.

[img84.imageshack.us/img84/5655/step10rn1.gif]

Step 11. Unhide the next layer and set it to multiply.

"http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9784/step11zh9.gif/>

Step 12. Now were getting it. Make a color balance layer after the render multiply layer.

NO_IMAGE

Step 13. (Optional, for this I didn't use) You can make another color balance layer if you choose.

NO_IMAGE

Step 14. Unhide the last render layer, and leave it as it is.

NO_IMAGE

Step 15. Now you want to add your text, I found setting your text in a corner works the best. I used the following settings.

NO_IMAGE

Step 16. Now you want to add your boarder. I used a simple 2px boarder on this signature.

NO_IMAGE

Congratulations you just made a c3d smudge signature!

one suggestion line up your images with your steps although most of us could follow it. Those starting out will not an idea what images goes to what.

to fix it you can edit your posts here, so when you get the chance just fix it up and your set.

really nice effect there adding a c4d is always a better way to make a sig have more detail and catch the eye of the viewer in the sig i have i used a c4d render you cant see it that good but it is in there.