xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KenshinKRP

1,2,3px Borders Adobe Photoshop CS2

1px Border.

Step 1. Get out your signature or other graphics that you are making. Make a new layer.

Step 2. CTRL + A then edit>stroke>1px inside. You can choose what ever color you want.

Posted Image

Step 3. Set the layer to soft light, overlay, darken, etc. What ever suits it best.

End Result, you know have a line the color of your choice around your signature or graphics.

2px Border.

Step 1. Get out your signature or other graphics that you are making. Make a new layer.

Step 2. CTRL + A then edit>stroke>2px inside. You can choose what ever color you want.

Step 3. CTRL + A then edit>stroke>1px inside. You can choose what ever color you want.

Step 4. Set the layer to soft light, overlay, darken, etc. What ever suits it best.

End Result, you know have two lines the color of your choice's around your signature or graphics.

3px Border

Step 2. CTRL + A then edit>stroke>3px inside. You can choose what ever color you want.

Step 3. CTRL + A then edit>stroke>2px inside. You can choose what ever color you want.

Step 4. CTRL + A then edit>stroke>1px inside. You can choose what ever color you want.

Step 5. Set the layer to overlay or soft light. There are many other settings you can have. So play around with them and find the one that you like and use that.

End Result, you know have three lines the color of your choice's around your signature or graphics.

Congratulations you now know how to make a 1px, a 2px, and a 3px border!

Edited by KenshinKRP (see edit history)

I have a custom border made out of several pictures. It needs to be a transparent layer with a clear center for the bottom layer (image which needs a border). Right now it just totally covers up the bottom layer. Can I make the whole thing transparent, or does it have to be re-created from scatch? How would I do it? I use CS2.-question by Dennis