xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Cpanel Fantastico Part 7 Of My 7 Part Tutorial

This tutorial is going to discuss the entire list of fantastico features that are on the Xisto servers This is an extention of my origional 6 part tutorial, now 7 part tutorial. The links to the rest are listed below.

This tutorial is a follow-up to the Cpanel Tutorials that i wrote last night, the links can be found below.
Part 1: E-mail Management
Part 2: Useful Site Management Tools
Part 3: Useful Site Management Tools2.1
Part 4: Analysis/Log Files
Part 5: Advanced Tools
Part 6: PreInstalled Scripts, Extras, and Cpanel Options

Detailed Cpanel Tutorial Part 7: Fantastico

Posted Image

Navigation
Fantastico Home - Tells you what you can do with fantastico
Control Panel Home - Takes you back to the main Cpanel page

Blogs - These are things similar to Myspace's blog, except these are nothing mut a blog where you can post daily news, or just write a journal entry every day for people to read.
b2evolution
Nucleus
pMachine Free
WordPress

Content Management - These are systems that you can fully edit, delete, and create pages for your website all through an administration panel. So you dont need to come up with your own layout, you just need to fine a template for one of these Content Management System's (CMS) and install it then write all of your content in the given area's
Drupal
Geeklog
Joomla
Mambo Open Source
PHP-Nuke
phpWCMS
phpWebSite
Post-Nuke
Siteframe
TYPO3
Xoops

Customer Relationship - These are support scripts, so if you run a website for instance like runescape, and you have 1000+ members, and someone needs support with somthing, then you can install this and all they have to do is register, then submit a support ticket and you can view the support ticket through an administration panel as well as reply to those tickets. And if you have your own support team, you can more than likely give them access to this feature with their own username and password
Crafty Syntax Live Help
Help Center Live
osTicket
PHP Support Tickets
Support Logic Helpdesk
Support Services Manager

Discussion Boards - These are forums nothing similar to Invision Powerboard but they do the job,and best of all they are free! With these you can make forums where your members can be as active and post around talking/helping people out etc.
phpBB2
SMF

E-Commerce - These are all the different Shopping carts you can have for your site. SO if you plan on having a site where you sell stuff, one of these would be your tool! Fully equiped with an admin panel, but i do not think they have a payment method on here, im thinking that you would need to sign up for a PayPal account and have the buyers pay through PayPal.
CubeCart
OS Commerce
Zen Cart

F.A.Q. - Are you constantly getting the same questions over and over agin? Then you can use one of these systems to make a list of questions and answers that you have been recieving and put it up on your site so maybe they will look here before they send you an e-mail or a support ticket.
FAQMasterFlex

Guestbooks - Guest Books are similar to Discussion Boards, but in this case there is only one of them, and it is a simple script you put on a page of your site, and people can come, put in their name, maybe a contact e-mail, and submit somthing like maybe comments about the site.
ViPER Guestbook

Hosting Billing - These Systems are used if you have your own server and you cant to give out hosting plans to people, or if you want to start your own hosting company. It comes equiped with an admin panel where you view all of the websites registered under your server, where you can change, add, edit, and delete any of them that you cant as well. Although, i do not believe that Xisto allows you to make your own hosting site on their servers.
AccountLab Plus
phpCOIN

Image Galleries - If you want to put an image gallerie on your site one of these would be the tools for you. If you are running an JLo Fansite and you have pictures of her you want to put up, then use one of these systems and crate certian director's for certian pictures. Amaze your visitors with your chic Photo Gallery of J Lo
4Images Gallery
Coppermine Photo Gallery
Gallery

Mailing Lists - If you have a bunch of visitors, and want to send out a weekley NewsLetter to all of them, then you can use one of these systems and users can automaticly sign themselves up for a weekley news letter. When you want to send a newsletter all you have to do is go into the administration panel and click Send a Message, then type the NewsLetter in, and click send then it will gradually send it to all of the people on your list.
PHPlist

Polls and Surveys - If you want to have polls or Surveys on your site, and you're too lazy to search the web for a good one, you can install one of these instead! With these they come fully equiped with an administration panel in which you can create surveys, edit them delete them, and the same with the Poll's.
Advanced Poll
phpESP
PHPSurveyor

Project Management - These packages are kind of like a site in its own, they come equiped with forums, files, calendar, contacts, tickets/helpdesk, language support, user/module permissions, and themes for your website!
dotProject
PHProjekt

Site Builders - With these systems, you can create your website. If i am reading this correctly, these are builders that you can install on your site, and you choose from a list of templates then it gives you the HTML for the template you chose, and you can go and create your site through that template, but it does not create it for you. If you want one of those see the Content Management Section.
Soholaunch Pro Edition
Templates Express

Wiki - If you have ever head of Wikepedia.org, then these are scripts that are pretty similar to it. You can use them to build your website all through an administration panel, or you cna use it to give people general information like Wikepedia does.
TikiWiki
PhpWiki

Other Scripts - These are random scripts suck as Making a contact form with phpFormGenerator, or creating a calender. And just a few more scripts.
Dew-NewPHPLinks
Moodle
Noahs Classifieds
Open-Realty
phpAdsNew
PHPauction
phpFormGenerator
WebCalendar

Extras - These are all options for Fantastico. So with these you can change the language, you can change the appearance, you can get notifications if an installation is installed or deleted, you can even look at all of the installations that your site currently has.
Language
Side menu appearance
Email notifications
Installations overview

Yup :lol: thats what some people have told me, now lets hope that they actually look at this and read it and maybe it will reduce the amount of support some of us have to give, but its not like its allot of work describing what something in cpanel does, now is it :( And Thanx :(

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Your tutorials are very nice, but it's unfortunate that Fantastico is a very lame tool. It makes it very easy to try out scipts and stuff, but I question its updating abilities. It told me that an upgrade for Mambo is onlt for installations that don't have any thrid party extentions.

since i added my own words to the description behind the feature, and it is quality contrabution because it explains what exactly is in fantastico. it may not be a tutorial, but it is kind of like a walk-through of fantastico, therfor it is a tutorial

--edit----

if you dont like it WHATEVER delete it, put it in quote tags, here i am trying my best to HELP Xisto out in any way i possibly can, by writing a 7 part explanation of cpanel, each topic has gotten over 100 views, i will be sure NEVER to post something in the tutorial section without getting the approval of you BH that it is a tutorial, and that it is a quality contribution and deserves to be posted in the tutorial section, better yet i wont post any more tutorials at all, i will just keep them for my site.

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

So quality contribution is adding your own words to existing list of software and script? That's interesting.How about describing each and every script/software with your own opinion or a screen shot? That's quality posting.Last time I checked, a walk through is not the same as tutorial. Besides, this thread is not for you to discuss or defend what tutorial is. Tutorial must be 100% original content and all copied sources shall be under QUOTE or proper bbcodes. Remember?!

that's great man..but why not had ipb and vb?.

Because IPB and vBulletin are commercial products, and therefore can't be offered for installation via Fantastico. The only legal way to get them is to buy them from their developers (Invision Power Services and Jelsoft respectively). This question has been asked numerous times.

Wow lotsa info there, that should help a lot of new commers. I suggest maybe some more pictures if you want to enhance it more, however its still a very nice guide good job! How long did it take you to make it? Anyways, I may actually use it...I don't know, maybe, maybe not, ill look over it more see if theres any features i could use for sure :P.

These tutorials are helpful.Why not release all the tutorials posted in section to be converted into PDF for download.It will help reading offline,What you think?

hey nice guide there! have you tried out each of the scripts? It would be great if you can also provide a guide to installing and getting the scripts to work properly because i tried out the noah's classified but it is not working properly.