xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sharn

My Guidewriter Simple Visual Basic program to aid in making guides

I wrote this about 3 months ago for a different forum (Runescape Forums, one I'm currently a G-Mod of. ) and I figured I'd share it with you. All it is, is a text editor with built in buttons and menus for adding BBCodes. For example, if you wanted to make something bold, you type what you want, highlight it, find bold in the text menu and click it.

The nicest thing is, you can save, and you don't have to worry about a forum failing after taking hours to write a guide. I highly suggest you try it if you write guides often, the members on RsForums really loved it. :lol:

Here's a couple pictures of the latest version (Only number 2)

(Download)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And uhhh, the dropdown boxes do not work well at all, because when you click one, it takes away the focus from the text box. If you want to use them, drag it down to what you want, select the text and hit the button next to it. (eg. Align Text) It's probably just easier to use the menu.

And... a download link. It's in a zip, not sure why I zipped it first, but I did.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you get an error, please, before asking about it, try downloading and installing these VB6 runtime files:

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/vbrun6.html

There's a good chance you have them already, but if you don't... get them anyhow. :(

Edited by Sharn (see edit history)

That's pretty cool. That'd be a very good tool to have when making tutorials. I got so mad in the old version of IPB when I type something and the forum doesn't work. This version though luckily saves the text in case you messed up and it's all still there when you hit the back button but this is even better. Very nice program. If you ever think of upgrading you should try to make a view page that allows you to see what it looks like, might take a bit to get it to work but would be a nice edition.

That's pretty cool. That'd be a very good tool to have when making tutorials. I got so mad in the old version of IPB when I type something and the forum doesn't work. This version though luckily saves the text in case you messed up and it's all still there when you hit the back button but this is even better. Very nice program. If you ever think of upgrading you should try to make a view page that allows you to see what it looks like, might take a bit to get it to work but would be a nice edition.

Hmmmm. Not a bad idea. I would happily give it a try, but I made this on my old computer, which I cleaned out for my brother when I got my new one, and apparently deleted the project files. =\ I'm thinking about rebuilding the whole thing soon, maybe with a color scheme or something to make it look nicer.

Thanks for the comment. :lol:

I'm thinking about rebuilding the whole thing soon, maybe with a color scheme or something to make it look nicer.

If you ever do that and want some to program with, I would be happy to help. I've been programming in VB for ten years now :lol:.