xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Cpanel Advanced Tools Part 5 of My 7 Part Tutorial

This Tutorial will be divided into 7 different parts, and this is the first part, when i get the other parts together, i will post the links under here :lol: Enjoy.
Part 1: E-mail Management
Part 2: Useful Site Management Tools
Part 3: Useful Site Management Tools2.1
Part 4: Analysis/Log Files
Part 6: PreInstalled Scripts, Extras, and Cpanel Options
Part 7: Fantastico

Detailed Cpanel Tutorial Part 4: Advanced Tools

Posted Image

In this tutorial I will, in detail explain all of the features of the current cpanel version of Xisto.com hosting going from the top of the screen to the bottom.. I have completely written this up myself.

Advanced Tools
Posted Image - Cron Jobs
With this Cron Job's feature, you can set the server to automatically do tasks that you do not feel like doing every day, every week, every month, or how ever often you want it done. SO if you are skilled enough, you can look into this and schedule the server to do things on a daily basis.

Posted Image - Mine Types
With this feature, you can tell the server what type of files you can open with your server. Or just how certain extensions are handled in the server.

Posted Image - Apache Handlers
This feature will tell the server how to treat certain files on the server.

Posted Image - Manage Open PGP keys
I don't know what this is for but according to google it is used for a secure communication online.

Posted Image - Networking Tools
With this feature, you can look-up the DNS Settings for another website, you can also look up the server Ip address. You can also trace a route between you and the server but that feature is disabled on Xisto currently.

Posted Image - SSL Manager
SSL manager will let you make SSL Certificates on the server as well as install things that require SSL which is basically an extra layer of protection for peoples personal information if you are collecting any.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Short, simple and to the point - just the way a tutorial should be. You've summed up the meaning of each feature very well.I wondered what the hell that SSL Manager was for...

Have you ever bought something online? and you see a symbol, or text that says something that says SSL or somthing on it..... well i think it has to do with the extra saftey encryption of private information... Paypal uses it for their accounts

http://www.verisign.com/en_US/website-presence/website-optimization/ssl-certificates/index.xhtml?loc=en_US

very helpful, short and to the point, explaining everything you need to know, very nice post and very worthwhile reading, learnt a thing or two today, nice post, thank you ever so much albus. :lol:cpanels features can be used throughly now, nice one thanks so much!

lol thanx :lol: it took me a few days to type this all up, cut the images, then write it up in BB code but i think it was worth the post because so far no one has flamed the post -knocks on wood- or the other 6 parts of the tutorial :( so that's a plus i suppose :S

@randomdood, this was basically just a walk through of it, i am currently in the process of compiling a HUMONGUS tutorial on prettty much EVERY feature that is in the cpanel. whether it be as small as changing the default e-mail address, or as large as setting the cron jobs (im going to have to do some research on those :lol:)

Great tutorial, I?ll definitely bookmark it so I know what the hell can I do with some of the cpanel features which always seemed odd to me. :( It?s like... you have lots of icons and you hardly know what the half of them are for. :lol: Thanks!

i hope all goes well with your tutorial, if you need some help i would love to do some research/tut writing for you, or i could even put it in bb code for you to take some workload off, your choice, just PM me if you need help!and again thnx for this tut

allright thanks randomdood, if i do need any help i will be sure to let you know, i havent written the rest of the tutorial's recently, this 7 part tutorial really took the tutorial writing spirit out of me for a while :blink: but they will get done some day, and if i do need help and you are still around i will be sure to let you know!!i hope these series of Cpanel Tutorials will help someone understand what is in Cpanel, and what they can do in Cpanel allot easier than just looking at the titles etc...

They're all very nice tutorials, congratulations and thanks! E-Mail features tutorial will be very useful to me. And now I know what mime types too :blink: I think I will use this, sounds interesting.

Have you ever bought something online? and you see a symbol, or text that says something that says SSL or somthing on it..... well i think it has to do with the extra saftey encryption of private information... Paypal uses it for their accounts
http://www.verisign.com/en_US/website-presence/website-optimization/ssl-certificates/index.xhtml?loc=en_US

SSL is like the encription code or language that make a secure site really secure.

So as you can see, I already knew what it was. It just didn't click to me that the SSL manager was used for that. My brains been kinda in-and-out recently (which explains my continual post-and-then-leave-for-a-week routine...)