xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
H R

Difference Between C, C++ And C#? And some other questions.

What's the difference between C, C++ and C#? What is more closely related to working with ASP.NET, C++, C#, or VB? Which comiler is best for C++ and/or C#? Are there any benefits in choosing VB over C++ or C#? Z^ivjo HR

C++ is continuation of C. It has got classes, exceptions, templetates and few new things. To be honest it is better than ANSI C (e.g. virtual functions are very useful).C# is the Microsoft's script (I am not sure) language for .NET framework, so I think it is more closely related to working with ASP.NET than C++.

the best comiler is visual c++ 7.0 and borlands...c++ is the newer version of c.. if you want to program with winapi and such things you should lern c# and for more advance applications and game programming c++ is best

Actually, there are lots of similarities between C, C++ and C#, but mainly in the form of syntax (The grammar rules of the language, so-to-speak). C++ is by far the most powerful language and for that reason is most effective for heavy duty programming. It is also probably the hardest to learn. C# is Microsoft's easy-to-use take on C++ and is supposed to be fairly powerful as well. It links in incredibly smoothly with ASP.NET and VB and all the rest of the .NET stuff as long as you're using Visual Studio.

VB is heaps easier to learn, but the actual programs run a lot slower and they are pretty much completely restricted to Windows. VB is also far less powerful, and for this reason, you'd have trouble doing things like 3D graphics with VB.

The best compiler for C++ in my opinion is Visual C++, you can download the free express edition of this and C# from the MSDN website. Check out this Xisto thread: Freebie Stuff>>Visual Studio Express.

Cheers! :D

The real difference between with C and other two is that :

C is structured prgramming language.

Other languages are Object Oriented programming Languages.

Difference with C++ and C#:

More support for graphics for C#.

Window oriented programming on C#.

C++ is simply a redesign of C. It is called C++ because it added one major thing to C, and that would be object-oriented programming. C# is basically Microsoft's implementation of C++ in the .NET enviroment. At least that is what I have heard.

C++ is simply a redesign of C. It is called C++ because it added one major thing to C, and that would be object-oriented programming. C# is basically Microsoft's implementation of C++ in the .NET enviroment. At least that is what I have heard.

There is actually C++.NET or most commonly know as C++ 8.0. So I don't think C# is the .NET implementation of C++. :)

C and C++ are now clear, I think.C# language is a procedural, object-oriented syntax based on C++ and includes influences from aspects of several other programming languages (most notably Delphi and Java) with a particular emphasis on simplification.C# was specially developed as part of the .NET framework. In use with ASP.net, it is the first option.It is in my opinion the best programming language now existent. And with the greatest future, at least until some other thing gets invented.So, if you are looking to concentrate on learning somethin, I highly recommend it.

But C# have it's pros and cons. In my opinion is not that great. I would still prefer C++. C# is for Windows platform only. while you can have C++ on linux or any unix based OS. For me, C# can't replace C++.

difference between c++ and vb.

Difference Between C, C++ And C#?

In my recent interview , they asked what is the difference between vb and c++..

-reply by priya

The real difference between with C and other two is that : * C is structured prgramming language. * Other languages are Object Oriented programming Languages.Ok, this is correct, but the main difference between C++ and C# is that C# has more approach with High Level programming by using features like Garbage Collector and special Classes for working easily with WEB, for example. C++ lets the programmer do all the job, but gives you more powerful and speedy.