xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
edandbet

Nintendo Wii Nintendos New Console

The Nintendo Wii will be released in the UK on 8th December 2006 costing ?180!

Are you getting one?

Have you pre-ordered yet?

If you want to pre-order you can from most of the gaming shops for about ?20.

Here is a bit of info about the Wii Channels:

Please tell me more

(I have ordered a Wii)

Mii Channel

This Channel allows you to create Mii portraits of your friends and family.

Watch The Video

News Channel

This Channel allows you to check news in the same way you might read the newspaper every morning.

You can use this feature when your Wii console is connected to the Internet.

Watch The Video

Forecast Chennel

This Channel allows you to check the weather not only where you live, but also around the world.

Watch The Video

Photo Channel

This Channel allows you to edit photos and movies that have been been taken with a digital camera or other device.

* Requires SD Memory Card.

Watch The Video

Internet Channel

This Channel allows you to surf the Internet using Wii.

* Internet connection required.

Watch The Video

All of these videos are from this website:

Nintendo Wii Homepage

:lol::( :( :( :( :( :( :(:D :D :D :D

Posted Image

Edited by edandbet (see edit history)

I never found myself to go for the nintendo consoles becuase the gamecube never worked out for me, i never liked it but i am looking forward to the wii, It's a damn lot cheaper than PS3 will be and coming out earlier. Now i aint pre-ordered yet but as soon as it comes out i am going to try to get it withing the next few days so im looking forward to this tremendosly

I am looking forward to the launch and will be deciding then if i will be buying one. I think it has potential but depends on two things (for me) how well the controller works, and which game developers and what genres are on the drawing board for the console.And one thing that will tip the scales abit, i think it would look good next to my 360 :lol:

ya i think it will be better than the playstation 3. The price is better and the system and controller is unique. Although i am a nintendo fan i would rather get the xbox 360 which i am gonna get after christmas. The ps3 is sounding pretty good but the price is too high.

I want one, I definitely do, though I think Im a little to late to be able to get one soon. First of all I am going to spend my money on other things but as soon as I can get one I will be downloading the good old Toe jam and Earl for it. And then I am going to call my cousin and invite him over to play it and get some beers and play it as long as we can as we remember our childhood. Its going to be fun. Last time I played that game we were like 11 years old, and there still has not been a game like it. The sequels were just bad...

I really think Nintendo is going to do well with the Wii. I will have to wait until it comes out to see if i am gonna buy it. But i really wanna get it. They will probably sell quite a bit because it is a lot cheaper than the other systems. It also has a cool design and the cool new controler everyone want to try.

The Nintendo Wii will be released in the UK on 8th December 2006 costing ?180!

Are you getting one?

Have you pre-ordered yet?

If you want to pre-order you can from most of the gaming shops for about ?20.

Here is a bit of info about the Wii Channels:

Please tell me more

(I have ordered a Wii)

Mii Channel

This Channel allows you to create Mii portraits of your friends and family.

Watch The Video

News Channel

This Channel allows you to check news in the same way you might read the newspaper every morning.

Watch The Video

Forecast Chennel

This Channel allows you to check the weather not only where you live, but also around the world.

Watch The Video

Photo Channel

This Channel allows you to edit photos and movies that have been been taken with a digital camera or other device.

* Requires SD Memory Card.

Watch The Video

Internet Channel

This Channel allows you to surf the Internet using Wii.

* Internet connection required.

Watch The Video

All of these videos are from this website:

Nintendo Wii Homepage

:lol::( :( :( :( :( :( :(:D :D :D :D

Posted Image

the wii is so cool, i love the design and everything, im hell yeah going to get it. it looks like the wii can help people loose weight cause it seems very active. so yah wii rocks!

This Information Was Just Put On Nintendo's Website:With less than a month to go before Wii hits the shops in Europe, the build-up has reached boiling point; not only in the gaming press but in the mainstream media, too. Respected American magazine Popular Science has voted Wii the Grand Award Winner in its 'Best of What's New 2006' awards, in the Home Entertainment category. Popular Science, which has a readership of more than seven million, voted Wii into first place ahead of a state-of-the-art hi-definition TV, a wireless music system, a Blu-ray disc player and a pair of $2000 hi-fi speakers. That's Wii for you: affordable and award-winning! The magazine's website, PopSci, had this to say about Nintendo's new console: "Remember when videogames were fun? When the controllers had only a couple of buttons and you didn?t have to spend an hour learning the seven-step finger dance for 'walk?' Nintendo does, so it took a step back, looked at its superpowered competitors, and took a totally different path with its new console, Wii."