xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tekenp

Php Online Test

+1 for w3schools. They have like a 20 question exam, but before the exam they have a really nice tutorial so that you can answer the exam at the end. They also have a paid version where they give you recognition and a certificate. It costs like $50 I think, but not really sure since its been a while since I last checked

i believe the best way to test off your knowledge is to start coding right away and see how complex pages you can make, you can start off by installing apache and php in your computer ,perhaps mysql too as you improve yourself , and run the pages on your localhost ,now it is not really necessary to install apache even because you can run php scripts on IIS too which i assume you'll be having as you may be using windows, now if this got a little bit complicated you can PM me your doubts and i will try my best to answer, if you dont know how to configure IIS to run php scripts or install php you can always use online too help if you dont feel like you'll learn yourself without asking anybody , good luck with your coding and again i stress there is no need to obtain an online certificate to assure you know php when you can do more yourself , you can start off by making a simle login script and see how it turns out :lol:

Get yourself a all-in-one server, with both php, mysql and apache, if you can of course, otherwise, i do not know of any online.I use "Wamp", it is so easy to install all 3 servers with the most usefull plugins for all 3 servers, and the program is very easy to use, and i tryed easyphp, apache2tryad and Xampp, only wamp gave me the satisfaction i have now.

Well it is true that to test your skills code a complex program but at the same time it is necessary to keep in mind the compatibility of different issues of different PHP Versions. I believe getting aroubd with that is quite a challenge as you have to do different things as per different versions of PHP and MySQL(mostly). Coding would be much simpler had there been no Version compatibility issues and security issues when processing a form.So get on the computer , make a good program and let the world adore it and you for your skills.

Impressive forum. Thanks all of you who responded my posting. I never received such response in any other forums in such a short time.

Talking about testing PHP skills, how much do you have to know to get a job of a PHP programmer/developer/coder? I started learning all by myself buying some books and learning some from the net. I have my own local server running PHP and MySql.

electrons response "So get on the computer , make a good program and let the world adore it and you for your skills." is encouraging. I wish I could do so. I would appreciate if someone could help me to get started.

midnitesun, what should I start coding? I have done examples from the books, I dont know what else can I do? Any suggestion will be appreciated.