xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
quakesand

My Mom Is So Bad

my mother is so bad, one time,she got angry because i don't want to hear her expalin about what's the difference between envolope and mailbecause i said wrongly...i said"......then i'll put the paper into the mail"and then she throw me down to the car and want me to walk back home...that time i was so angrywhen the time i went back home, she use ways to stop me from using the computer as if i was her enemy...what kind of mother is that, she said because of the computer, i am so bad...as if the computer will mind control me?

Same thing happened to me..... :lol: lol, parents can be a little overprotective and they just want you to succeed in school and whatnot. She's not trying to be mean. My mom doesn't want me on the computer a lot either, but that's just because she wants me to be more active. I'm sure you thank her later in life.

Edited by husker (see edit history)

My mom only bans me from the computer when I do something wrong. Are you defending yourself when she starts that? I don't mean to argue iweth her, my mom yells at me for that one, but look up the subject in your library or, yes, sneak around and use the computer to research it and show her that computers won't mid control you or anything like that. As long as you're presenting her with solid facts, she should start to understand your point. Maybe also get really good grades in school so she'll be wowed by your progress and start easing up on the protective genes. Hope that helps you. About the letter thing, I was a little confused to it. Was your mom angry about you blowing off your lecture or just because you even said it? If you slip up again, before she starts to catch wind for that lecture, tell her that you're just kidding. maybe you'll even get a laugh about it. Hope that helps as well.

even i had this computer problem with my dad,he didn't wanted me to be on computer for longer period,but i was so addicted to computer that i just couldn't leave it, i actually spend a lot of time outdoor but after getting addicted to computer i started spending less time outside the house,but when my dad brought that to my notice,i just ignored it earlier but later found it to be true and now even after 2-3 years i leep track of my time i spend on the computer :lol:

My mom's angry with me just because i don't want to hear what she wants to explain, i't just a simple thing and she repeated it many many time she even forgot...did you notice that she threw me down the car and let me walk home from school?It was bad, i don't even know what's he way to go....

Look, I don't know your parents, but I'm guessing they want what's best for you. I don't always get along with my parents, and they're always pressuring me to be better even though most people think I'm perfect and everything... anyways, you might not see your mom's logic, but she's probably right if you just come home and surf the internet or play games that it's a waste. As for the "envelope" lectures, you just gotta put up with it... sorry. :lol:

Haha... reminds me of my mom... but I don't think she'll kick me out of the car just because I don't know the difference between envelope and mail. O_o In fact, I think my dad would be the one to do that. My dad expects too much from me. Anyway, whenever I either answer back, do something bad, wake up late for school periodically, she always... ALWAYS blames the computer. "It's cause you're always there, it's a bad influence..." Similar stuff comes up... However, she doesn't really ban me from it. She used to when I was a kid, but those days are long gone and I have more important uses for it.She usually blames it when she gets pressured, stressed and wakes up on the wrong side of the bed. I usually start it when I'm not feeling particularly happy and I sometimes answer back... Then she goes and blames the computer for just about everything. Such things usually happen before I go to school. After school, everything was just like before it happened. Sigh... mood fluctuations...

Look, I don't know your parents, but I'm guessing they want what's best for you. I don't always get along with my parents, and they're always pressuring me to be better even though most people think I'm perfect and everything... anyways, you might not see your mom's logic, but she's probably right if you just come home and surf the internet or play games that it's a waste. As for the "envelope" lectures, you just gotta put up with it... sorry. :(

lol, I don't play games...usually i do when my friends come to my house to have fun...
I only create games and "surf" my website for any bugs.
I just does'nt understand her, but normallyng she does'nt make me do things that are useless such as walking around the house while I'm in middle of something such as coding php...normally she won't.
sometimes she'll get like a different person, don't worry, it was'nt my problem, my sisters agree too,
even the one that is most loved by mom(because she won't get angry when she's not tired, she has good control over it) also agree with us because she saw what happened everyday..
But as i remember, my mom is worse when i was three(hey, i actually remembers it :lol: ), she always slap my sister because of small problems...now she also does it to me but I don't feel any pain, my skin is hardened, used to practice when i was in school hiting annoying friend and when I'm practicing taekwondo..
Now my biggest sister got mental problem because of my mom, she was checked by a doctor...

Haha... reminds me of my mom... but I don't think she'll kick me out of the car just because I don't know the difference between envelope and mail. O_o In fact, I think my dad would be the one to do that. My dad expects too much from me.
Anyway, whenever I either answer back, do something bad, wake up late for school periodically, she always... ALWAYS blames the computer. "It's cause you're always there, it's a bad influence..." Similar stuff comes up... However, she doesn't really ban me from it. She used to when I was a kid, but those days are long gone and I have more important uses for it.

She usually blames it when she gets pressured, stressed and wakes up on the wrong side of the bed. I usually start it when I'm not feeling particularly happy and I sometimes answer back... Then she goes and blames the computer for just about everything. Such things usually happen before I go to school. After school, everything was just like before it happened. Sigh... mood fluctuations...

yea, they blames everything to us and the computer, she doesnt ban me, but she find things for me to do in order for me to stop using it, when my dad comes back from work, she does'nt do it anymore, because my dad is also someone who will understand even through he got not much time with us...

Ok, I think it's time a parent had the right of reply here. Something you should know, being a parent is a very difficult job, there is no instruction book to tell you what to do, we do what we think is right. Don't forget though, we are human and sometimes make mistakes just like you. I suspect the lecture about the envelope and the reaction of making you walk home from school is more a case of pent up frustration from a number of other seemingly small incidents that have built up. As for stopping you from using the computer, this is just a form of punishment, stopping you from doing something you enjoy. I doesn't necessarily have any to do with the computer corrupting you. Having said that, a LOT of time is wasted on computers, time that should be spent perhaps doing homework or chores. You live in the house, it is not fair that you should help with the chores?Give your parents a break every now and then. Think about things from their side for a change and not always from your point of view. The rules we enforce are generally designed to help prepare you for life where there are rules that must be followed. Like it or not, you CAN'T always do what ever you like, no matter how unfair it seems.

Ok, I think it's time a parent had the right of reply here. Something you should know, being a parent is a very difficult job, there is no instruction book to tell you what to do, we do what we think is right. Don't forget though, we are human and sometimes make mistakes just like you.
I suspect the lecture about the envelope and the reaction of making you walk home from school is more a case of pent up frustration from a number of other seemingly small incidents that have built up. As for stopping you from using the computer, this is just a form of punishment, stopping you from doing something you enjoy. I doesn't necessarily have any to do with the computer corrupting you. Having said that, a LOT of time is wasted on computers, time that should be spent perhaps doing homework or chores. You live in the house, it is not fair that you should help with the chores?

Give your parents a break every now and then. Think about things from their side for a change and not always from your point of view. The rules we enforce are generally designed to help prepare you for life where there are rules that must be followed. Like it or not, you CAN'T always do what ever you like, no matter how unfair it seems.

This is the point, she's not making me doing chores, she's making me to do anything stupid to keep me away from the computer, just like calling me to walk around the house for nothing and then look so stupid...it's not even a punishment! Things she wants me to do does'nt even help a bit, I how her side feels like, but i still don't understand why she wants me to walk around the house...a punishment for walking back home? well, she's the one who makes me do that...
Edited by quakesand (see edit history)

This is the point, she's not making me doing chores, she's making me to do anything stupid to keep me away from the computer, just like calling me to walk around the house for nothing and then look so stupid...it's not even a punishment! Things she wants me to do does'nt even help a bit, I how her side feels like, but i still don't understand why she wants me to walk around the house...a punishment for walking back home? well, she's the one who makes me do that...

Actually, you must see it as a punishment, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about it. Why don't you try something different for a change and ask her if you can help her with something? You might be surprised with her change in attitude towards you. It could be just what she is waiting for you to do. Rather than telling you to help her, maybe she wants you to take the initiative and ask her. It can't hurt.

Wow...sounds like your mother isnt so bad. I hope you dont think you got it bad. i know people who have actually had parents that were bad. Like locking them in closets while they went out for a weekend. Or who were burned because they spilled the milk on the floor so his mom threw hot oil on him. Maybe you should appreciate what you have. It could be alot worse.

Where are you from? Your english is horrible, maybe I am sounding a bit harsh, but you should know the difference between envelope and mail, and until you learn to atleast proofread so I can understand what your exact argument is, i cannot help you. You should really type what you have to say in word, or a program that checks grammar [it has helped me a lot personally], before you post. I know this isnt the argument, but I just had to get that out there. As for your mother, I don't think you have it that bad, and yes computers CAN corrupt childrens minds, you may not be looking at 'unsafe' stuff, but the internet is a tricky place, and things minors shouldnt see are always lurking around the corner.