xisto Community
quakesand

Leaving Friends From School

Thinking of the times i leave my school and then parting with all my friends,just because I'm big enaugh to change school into a bigger grade school...now we're all parting :lol: so sad,I wish i can go to the new school with them,but all goes to different schools......I miss them...all of them...and wishing to stay...sometimes i feel depressed for that, and i start typing things like that trying to get more happy...

Ah, I remember that time in my life. Unforutenatly, most of the time theres not much you can do about it. All I can say is theres always the Internet. Most of my friends stayed in my hometown when they went to college, but most of our sheduals are so differnt none of us can see each other. So the only way for us to communicate is threw Email and IM. Plus theres aways breaks and stuff so you guys can visit each other.:lol:

It happened to me every time i went to a new type of school (grade, middle, high, college). Look at is in a more positive way. I loved my friends in middle school but i was not an outgoing person and cared what others thought about me way too much and everyone in the school knew it. So while keeping in touch with the old friends, i went to the new school with the attitude that i was going to change, be outgoing, and not care what others thought about me. I took this as an oppertunity to change into who i wanted to be since no one was holding me back. I met a ton of new friends at the new school and still hung out with the old ones too. In the end you will end up with more friends and you can reinvent yourself. Take this as a positive. I know it is hard for the first few weeks but give it a month or 2 and you will be back to normal.

It happened to me when I was leaving primary school and high school... I hardly talk to my primary school friends, and I talk to a few of my high school ones on MSN.It happens, and all we can do is try and stay in touch I guess *shrugs*

@Madkat-Z:Yea, internet saves the day again... :lol:@fffanatics:yea.....but i was so missing them because i studied for five yearswithout changing classes with them......they are friends that i have since 5 years ago.@Dagoth Nereviar:YAY! msn saves the day too, lol.....yea, mostly primary school friends do not talk to you...maybe it's because a long time since we have not met?

Edited by quakesand (see edit history)

i know how you feel, i'm going thru the same thing right now, this is my last year of high school..all we have left is our major public exam, and thats it...goodbyes and farewells..you can't do anythin about it, not even if you repeat your school years @.@ [but who would do that right]basically, you just have to look on the brighter side of things. you and your friends, have completed one part of your education and are moving on, you guys are progressing in life, to become successful individuals in the future. it can't be helped that everyoen will part and go their own ways, but what you can do though, is make sure you keep in touch, maybe you could compile the contact information of all your friends and giv a copy to every one of them. call them every now and then, meet them somewhere, go for a movie, or lunch, or go visit them at home, anything as long as you keep in touch. what im doing is i'm setting up a small forum for my schoolmates and i, so that we can use that to keep in touch, as now, no matter hwere you are...you'd probably have access to the internet..i guess this is one of the benefits of globalisation. some of my friends are oging overseas as well, so phonecalls will be expensive..thus i'll be recommending skype to them, it offers free internet telephony, and you can even call actual phones from your computer, for rather cheap rates, even if you make an international call. i'm also going to compile the contact info of my schoolmates and giv each person a copy. i really treasure and value my friends and i am willing to do almost anything to make sure our friendship lasts, maybe you could do the same?

yea, i think so, and I'm going to watch movie with them on Sunday :lol:and some of them are going to come to my home , lolI've set some forums before too, but we don't have much to post, so it's useless for me....a blank forum..lol...

I know how you feel tomarrow I'm leaving my school(HITCH) and all my friends its pretty hard and I feel like crying everything out of me but I guess thats life. I really don't know how I'm gonna say goodbye to them my friends are my life AND I WOULD DO ANYTHING SO I CAN STAY BUT I CANT:(-Melisa husejnovic

Things change people change a few years from now it wont even matter to you friends come and go all the time you will make new friends and you wont even know the difference after your out of school most of you will loose touch anyways and you will start your own lives..

Hey,My best friend in my new school has just decided to leave all of a sudden. We had exams recently and every1 bunked school after that for a week. When we all went back to school, she wasn't there. She called us only a day ago telling us that she has to leave today and go back to her hometown. She hasn't even bothered to meet us or say goodbye in person. When we ask her the reason for this sudden plan, she just says she cant handle the pressure at school and of doing IB. But we all know its sumthing else, sumthing more serious. How do I get her to stop and not leave, or at least tell us the real reason, the truth?!

Damn, this reminds me of my childhood.Let me recount... When I was a kid I went to to my 1st school and made a lot of friends but my mom made me switch schools because she believed the school was part of an evil conspiracy or some *BLEEP* like that. I had to switch to a school in the same neighborhood and went there, but after a year or so, halfway through 3rd grade, they kicked me out of Turtle Rock because my house was not in the neighborhood. I moved to my 3rd school, again leaving behind my friends for 1 year. I left all my friends at that school and again went to a different school for 4th to 6th grade. I stayed at that school and switched to a different middle school for 7-8th and left all my friends because we had to move and now I go to a high school in california.It sucks to switch schools and leave your friends, and the pain is terrible, but it only lasts for a good 4 months or so and you'll make new friends. Good friends. :D

Well, I havent go to university yet, but I do feel like that when I graduate primary and junior high school. Many of my best friends leave the country and study abroad, and it sucks to part with them. But now we got WLM, Skype, YM or others that makes us easy to communicate, and plan to do a reunion.

I know what your felling man, i had to change schools 3-4 times, but i am such a energetic person that even when i was really sad about something, i would always laugh and make everyone feel happy. After some years of seen and feeling all this, i learned that the best thing you can possibly do to yourself is to keep Walking FOWARD! Friends are there to help you when you are in need, it doesn't matter how far away they are from you, they will be always cheering up to you!If you feel empty, call them! I, for example, got Skype just to call my friends back from brazil. I try to go back there every once in a while too.Try to do what i do, you will feel much much better :(I hope i helped you in some way :DRemember, life is GOOD! Have fun, make new friends, and always remember and talk to the ones that you've already made a good relationship.

All I can say to help is: Keep close what you cherish, and seek new treasures to add... Freinds may come and go thruogh out your life, you'll keep some, you'll lose many, you'll make tons. Im not saying that friends are expendable, but they are, its good that you've built the bonds required to feel the way you do, but if they truely are frinds you'll stay in touch. I still talk to a few people i went to elementary school with, even some that ive known since almost birth, and then there are those that im still meeting (havent met yet, or have only chatted online with). We must all manifest our destiny, each choice we make could alter the future forever, but who's to say that you wont grow apart 5, 10, 20 years from now?

eh eh eh, get over it, haha ive moved and transferred schools more than 3 times in high school, and even though you are all deppressed at first, you eventually meet new people, who are as equally good, or better than your friends.. dont worry about whats going to happen, lets say tomorrow, just live on the momment, and enjoy your friends while you still have them, you know!and besides.. since they are going to ALL go to college i asume, they will make their own lives, an forget about you(: sooo/... yea, thats life