xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolduck123456

Some Phpbb2 Help Discussion help

Need help with installing the phpBB2 discussion forum.

It asks

Leave empty to install in the root directory of the domain (access example: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).Enter only the directory name to install in a directory (for http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ enter name only). This directory SHOULD NOT exist, it will be automatically created!

So what I did was I went to the hompage of my hosting account. From there, on the left side, it says my WWW directory address in the form /home/Username/File_Html. I the went and put that in where it says for the user to type in the directory. It then said

The installation can not be completed:
- No valid directory name provided.

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

So I'm stuck thinking " What should I do".
I don't want the discussion forum to be located on the home page, I want it in a sub-domain or a /forum
For example Forum.Mydomain.info
or Mydomain.info/forum
any will do. So can somebody help me. Anybody, doesnt have to be a Mod!!!!
Edited by coolduck123456 (see edit history)

don't know why this does it, but a good idea would to have a seperate file so if you want to build your site around that forum you can.

It already knows to put it in the public_html folder, if you want people to access your forum via yourdomain.info/forum write in that box "/forum/"and then go onto the subdomains set up and set up a subdomain redirect forum.yourdomain.info to yourdomain.info/forum/Hope this helps :lol: