xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bkag

3 New Sigs! (2 Girly Ones) Two of which are for my sisters, one is a halo sig

So here are sigs number 3,4 and 5. Any constructive critisisms are greatly appriciated.

The two girly ones opacity levels where chosen by my sisters, i would have liked to have the second ones flower backgound a with a little more opacity :lol:

And they both liked the same brush =S

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Bkag (see edit history)

Yeah, 3rd one is the best. But sigs shouldn't really be without borders. The scanlines on the first one doesn't help the sig, IMO. Instead of lowering opacity, use layer blending, like, overlay, soft light, etc. You're using the GIMP to make these, right?

Yeah im using GIMP, where do i find that, i really need to find a site which explains each feature, do you know of any? I just tryed it without the scan lines, it does look better. Another friend who is trying to learn wanted me to send him one, so this is what i came up with. (This was a quickie)

Posted Image

Thanks Savge, with amendments it looks muchos better :(

Garbage, thanks, i also think it is my best, shame that i can't really use it :lol:

Edited by Bkag (see edit history)

. . .where do i find that. . .

On the layers palette, you'll see a drop down menu. Options like, overlay, multiply, darken, lighten, hard light, etc... Default value should be "Normal". Depending on what's on the layer, can give a good effect.

i really need to find a site which explains each feature, do you know of any?

There's a topic that has a link to a site that explains the GIMP very thoroughly, here in the GFX part of the forums. I'll look for it..

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/38097-need-some-beginner-gfx-advice/