xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
teob

Problem On Connecting To Ftp

my pc is connected to the internet though a 3-com 11g wireless router..with firewall...i'm using fileZilla ftp client..the log just say socket error..can't login to my ftp..i'm not good at setting the firewall in the router...is there something i need to set up..? so i can connect to my ftp thought the firewall?please help ...is so troublesome to upload files thought file manageri have set my router DMZ to my ip...edit:i found out that is not my router set up...is my sp2 windows firewall that stopping,,=.= anyway ....thx...if u started replying...

my pc is connected to the internet though a 3-com 11g wireless router..with firewall...i'm using fileZilla ftp client..
the log just say socket error..can't login to my ftp..

i'm not good at setting the firewall in the router...
is there something i need to set up..? so i can connect to my ftp thought the firewall?

please help ...is so troublesome to upload files thought file manager

i have set my router DMZ to my ip...

Contact to your firewall and router administrator!
Check you NAT (Network Address Translation) settings.

Can you upload files thought file manager when your firewall is switch off?

Maybe you should use another FTP software?

1- go to http://download.cnet.com/windows/ and downlod FlashFXP it's a FTP program which will allow you to upload your files to your Xisto.com site.(i use it currently)

2- install FlashFXP.

3- try to turn off your firwall.

4- insert your data in the FlashFXP, mine are:

* in Server or URL (text box): adly3000.trap17.com

* in User Name: my ftp user name.

* in Password : my ftp password.

P.S you should have you ftp data sent on your email while signing up in Xisto.com, so find them on your email.

Edited by adly3000 (see edit history)

Perhaps it has something to do with the way the FTP/authentication mode. You see... there are two ways: passive, active. It's very likely that the targeted server will only accept passive connections and your ftp client initiates active connections. To check this, try opening a browser and type in the following URL:  your_user_name%3Ayour_password%40the_ftp_server

Of course you should replace the values above with your actual user name, password and ftp server (like XXX%3AXXX%40XXX)