xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
husker

Series Of Unfortunate Events Book 13

Well, the last book (or at least I'm assuming it will be the last) came out just about a week ago. So far I have read about half of it and I must say it is very good. It's sad to see that this will be the last one in the series. The Series of Unfortunate Events are one of the best series ever. Hopefully Lemony Snicket comes out with something else. Anyways, I reccomend reading this book, so far its good.

I would like them to keep on making movies, I really liked the last one, well actually I liked the surreal scenery more than the story it looked pretty crazy and fantastic.

I've never heard about this book or should i say books but after visitng the website I think I'll start reading it. However I'd like to know if it is a mistery story or just pure drama with lots of sad events...The title "series of unfortunate events" could just be a very good horror story or a sort of thriller if you know what I mean. So if you've read all 12 books and are reading the 13th one then can you please tell me about the genre of this book and if I'll like it if i mostly read horror, thriller and similar stories? Thank you very much for your answer mate..bye

I love the Series of Unfortunate Events! But its only just come out where you are? It came out, lets see... a good year ago in my library...

I love the Series of Unfortunate Events! But its only just come out where you are? It came out, lets see... a good year ago in my library...

Erm.... this thread was made october 2006. It was probably just lying about somewhere =/Although the series was good , if not little to distraught-based for me , The Movie franchise was just for promotion purposes. I can't provide a link , so you're best chance is googling it =)

I love the Series of Unfortunate Events! I want to know more about the author...like what else he's written and such. I love the humor in his books, it's just my style :P

I'd be very interested to read an interview with the author. I love how clever the Series of Unfortunate Events books are...even though they're made for children, they appeal to older people since you get more of the humor and references to famous literature and such. Those books must have been so much fun to write. As a fiction writer myself, reading them has inspired me to try more new and unusual forms of storytelling, and also to play up the kind of humor that I find amusing.

Hmm, a massive amount of research must have been put into them. to get all the literary references. I wonder how long Lemony Snicket planned the series for before writing it? The plot seems pretty simple and maybe starts to get monotonous but then you hit book five and there's this big conspiracy what with VFD and all. something random i found on wikipedia:in The End, the last picture of the ocean, the waves are actually shaded so that it looks like a question mark.interesting? XD