xisto Community
gursimran2006

When Did You Last Time Get A Bluescreen?

A get them all the time. Had one about 4 hours ago, i get them for no reason, it just comes up and yeah. It happens to my about every 12 hours, sometimes I can get one every hour but that is unlikely as it's never appened every hours for me before!!!

I cannot remember my last bluescreen. I think in the beginning days of WinXP. If you don't have exotic hardware with instable drivers it is rather unlikely to see them at all. Vista will generate bluescreens because it is missing stable drivers for some hardware.

When was the last time you got a Bluescreen-of-microsoft-deah?Post when you last got it.

For me, it was like 7 years ago.:P

I used to get the BSOD for deleting files. I know this sounds like a problematic thing to do, but it shouldn't be. Every so often, as I use the Internet, I like to 'clean-up' my computer, The first thing I'll do is run the Ad-aware software & then I run the Spybot Search & Destroy software. I do this to try and clear out any extra .exe's & .dll's that may be slowing down the OS and using up my ram. Then I go into C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 & manually delete all the folders so that I don't have to worry about possible virii. The computer usually pauses a bit after this last step, but it doesn't usually 'lock-up'. I wait a minute or two then I launch my browser and start browsing, every time I'd do this I'd get the BSOD.

The only solution I found to this problem is, first making sure that my browser is closed, & not just minimized, and then to turn off the computer, wait two minutes, and then reboot.

The last time I got a BSOD would be during a lan party back up north with some friends. Actually, it was the first BSOD that my computer experienced. It happened during CS:S right after I popped a HS on the guy next to me. He laughed and said it was punishment for being an a-hole. *I was the one guy who keep getting him.* And about an hour later, he got the BSOD when he was pron surfing. Serves him right I say.

Last time I got a blue screen, it must have been urr... when I was using Windows 98 Second Edition. I never have it any more *touch wood* and I hope I don't. Now sometimes I just make my computer freeze by having too much memory and CPU using software open at the same time. Oh and my tendency to have 200+ tabs open in Firefox (maybe a slight exaggeration there). Well it is actually a long time since I thought of a blue screen. You have just brought it back into my head. Not really much else I can put on this.-Tom

well i haven't got any blue screen of death for like how long already. i do have a classmate who got one last semester. and now her computer is pretty much useless. the blue screen of death was the last thing we saw on her pc before it died out on her. :P and now she's borrowing her roommate's laptop in order to do her projects.poor her. although i don't know why she doesn't even think of bringing the pc to a shop to fix it.

I just got one a couple of hours ago, I was recording music in my other windows Xp partition, and the program sort of locked up. I tried ctrl + alt+ del, but it did not respond, a couple of seconds later, I got a blue screen but I didnt even get to read a word because it rebooted really quickly. I guess thats why bluescreens havent been seen so often lately. The computer reboots way to fast to even show one.