xisto Community
gursimran2006

When Did You Last Time Get A Bluescreen?

well...quite few people use win98 nowadays... it can be said that this OS is obsolete...as far as i know, microsoft doesn't offer support anymore for win98...this might be the sign that it is the time of change :(...just kidding..now really, you should get winxp or just install a linux distro...no BSOD`s on those :lol:

I almost never get blue screens of death anymore.I mess up so bad, everything just FREEZES, doesn't give the OS a chance to go to an error screen.What was the last OS that used the infamous blue screen? win98? What do they use now?

About half an hour ago I got a blue screen of death again when I tried to reboot this machine and got this error once again. I'm not sure it's really a BSOD, but the screen was blue and the death of the HDD is quite major. XP tends not to use blue screens though, it just crashes nonchalantly in the background and displays that error report thing.

I am currently using windows XP PRO, which is in fact not PRO. I get a blue screen about twice a week telling me there was an error and it has to dump my RAM onto the hard drive - what a slag. What was microsoft thinking when they desighned this operating system? Beats me.

I think that my last blue screen was 3 years ago and i have a total of10 bluescreen in my life.Also i use to format my pc frecuently so i dont give the choose tomy pc to give me an blue screen.

now really, you should get winxp or just install a linux distro...no BSOD`s on those :lol:

Yes there are.

I get a blue screen about twice a week telling me there was an error and it has to dump my RAM onto the hard drive - what a slag.

Same here, although it's roughly once a month for me. I distinctly remember, though, that I got all those (dark) blue screens when I'm trying to connect to my Yahoo! account via Yahoo! Messenger. Might I ask if we're also the same in that respect?

I rarely get those that horrible BSD nowadays, as I have shifted to using Linux almost completely a few months back after suffering initial nOOb blues regarding installation and initial confuguration. Then I discovered mandriva and my blues are gone . But I have to log into my windows box sometimes to visit those obnoxious sites which will not display properly except on IExplorer.

2 years ago while I was Iraq, the sand and dust must have done it since there was plenty of it.

I had twice in my life a blue screen, it rarely crashes, and it rarely has a slow performance. And I never had any errors in my computer, and never freezed. I am lucky!!

back when i had a '98, i hated that danged thing...so screwed up wasnt even funny....but now i have this thing....isnt that great still but no blue screens!!

My WinME's favorite past time is the BSOD game. :lol: Probably about 2-3 times a week on it. I have had only one BSOD in XP, that happened several times.I got my new computer, started it up to finish the install of XP, went and downloaded all my favorite programs I always use. Finally get around to installing MSN Messenger a couple days later. Works great the first day. That night I shut my computer down, for some odd reason, started it up, signed into MSN and BOOM! BSOD. I emailed tech support, and as always, "Do a fresh install!" So I completely uninstall it, reinstall it, talk to a friend for 2 mins, and BSOD. Again. Restart the computer and repeat once more. Finally, I just deleted the registry settings they told me to, and.... it worked. I'm like... What?! But, yeah. Trust Microsoft to make their products all screwy. >.< I would switch to Linux if I didn't have bad experiences trying to dual boot...

I have had a couple of blue screens but the last one was over three months ago, I think I was recording music with a new external audio interface, I just updated the drivers and hasnt given me any problems ever since. I think most bsod come from cheap computer hardware, especially the motherboard, and because they never get good drivers.