xisto Community
brandice

Just Bought A Ton Of Hosting Somewhere

I needed A LOT of space and I didn't have a lot of money to spend, so a couple of weeks ago I went with a low priced too-good-to-be-true place. I got up this morning, ready to check in on things and I can't connect to my page or my FTP. Let's hope this is just some sort of site maintanence deal that has my site and their homepage down right now. It's frustrating. I know I need to look on the positive side and hope that it will all clear up soon but I don't know if I can trust that place yet.

I think I went overboard, even with a site or two for my sisters and the few that I am going to be moving over, I don't think that I actually need 60,000 MB of space. haha. I think I am going to be on a mission, like with Gmail, to see how much I can fill up. It's working fine now. I guess it's never a good idea to wake up at 5:00 in the morning to check on things. That's when places usually do their backups and stuff, right? It's just that the majority of my sites users are in a timezone 13 hours away.

It's working fine now. I guess it's never a good idea to wake up at 5:00 in the morning to check on things. That's when places usually do their backups and stuff, right? It's just that the majority of my sites users are in a timezone 13 hours away.

I am so glad to see that things ironed themselves out for you. There are a lot of sites out there taking money for nothing. It is easy to stumble into a place that is not honestly run and pay out good monies just to have the site disappear from the internet---pooof. Good luck on your ventures! :lol:

I am so glad to see that things ironed themselves out for you. There are a lot of sites out there taking money for nothing. It is easy to stumble into a place that is not honestly run and pay out good monies just to have the site disappear from the internet---pooof. Good luck on your ventures! :(

Yea, they take money for nothing, that's why i do not trust cheap domain hosting sites...

But i also cant afford the prize of those expensive domain hosting sites, lol

This is why i never get a top level domain name...haha... :lol:

Thank you, Mich. :lol:This place seems pretty good afterall. It wasn't the cheapest one of the bunch. I tried to do enough research into things. I was just afraid for that one moment.Right now, I've just got the one BBS hosted there. I've added on a photo gallery and I am trying to encourage the people who use the place to just upload as many pictures as they want. (I've got about 20 people who post there regularly, so it won't be a problem) I'll be moving a couple more sites over within the next week.