xisto Community
Saint_Michael

World Series St. Louis Cardinals Vs Detriot Tigers

Well it's official this should be a good world series since it doesn't have the the Yankees playing. I bet 25 Hosting Credits that the Tigers win the world series.

I'm not taking that bet. I have a feeling the Tigers are going to win the World Series as well. In fact I'm rooting for them. Ever since they beat the Yankees. My teams didn't make the playoffs :) I was hoping though the Cardinals would be the team they face. I really could care less in the long run but Tigers all the way.

I'm going for the Tigers too. Everyone labels them as the underdogs when they have so much talent. I like to see teams turn around their record like they did. The Cardinals are a good team but the Tigers just have the better pitching and work better as a team I believe.

I think the only reason why the Tigers are called the underdogs isn't because they aren't good but because they lack the experience in the World Series. The cardinals of course have been in the playoffs a lot in the last few years even in the World Series even though they were swept by the Red Sox :) The Tigers haven't been in the playoffs for quite some time let alone the World Series.

Saint Michael??? How dare you root for the Tigers. Curtis Granderson, YEa Right? Craig Monroe, Yea Right, J. Bond(Never!). How about Albert Pujols and company?? Huh what about them. Carpenter, forgeting about him SM??? Just Kidding. You can root for whatever, but you better take the bet away or you'll regret it in the weeks to come.PS. ILL BET YOU 30 POINTS. PM ME IF YOU ACCEPT??/ HA!

It don't really matter to me. I'm not much of a baseball fan since the strike, but yeah agree with pleno their not just the underdogs but it been like 20+ years since they wewnt there I don't think the tigers have even been in the playoff's since then. Plus the tigers had like one of hte worset records besides the expo's so that why I'm going for the tigers.

Yes. I am very dissapointed in the Houston Astros. I love the Astros; in fact, they are my favorite baseball team. :) They should've won and should've gotten into the world series. I hate the cardinals! Go Tigers!

Just found out the score (was with a friend), I am shocked that the card's won especially since they went in tired. But im still going with my 6 games with the tigers

Go Tigers! Well I hope they don't play every game like the one they played last night. 7-2 loss is not what we were hoping for. Too bad the manager made that decision to pitch the batter in that clutch play. Once the Cards got going, it was all down hill after that. Thank heaven for the homer in the nineth that saved some face.

Tigers 2-0 so far tonight in 3rd inning.

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Well thats two games down 1-1 so we do know it will end either at 5,6, or 7. Wonder what this time that the tigers won this game and not the first.

Just great this is all we need now. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Why can't people play straight and just follow the rules. That is one of the many reason i don't watch baseball is because of news like this that makes me turn away from it.

Ok well as SM said that the Tigers are now cheaters, I might change my pick and hope the Cardinals win despite the fact that the Tigers cheat. Now I have a new theory and you all may laugh but in baseball if people believe it, it will happen so who knows... Wether the Tigers win or lose the World Series, they aren't going to win one for another 80 or so years and it's gonna be because of "The Curse of Kenny Rogers" or long version "The Curse of the Camera Guy Punching, Pine Tar Cheating, Kenny Rogers"

Well it's over I lost the bet on 6 games, since it was Finished in 5 and least this team didn't have to cheat to win.

This was the first year that I can ever remember where I really didn't care who won the world series. It's kind of sad. I guess it was a combination of not really liking any of the players on either of the teams and being heartbroken over the Mets not getting in. I think I watched a total of 10 minutes of the entire series. And by reading the stories about the television ratings on this series, I guess a lot of people really didn't care much about it either. :lol: