xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
St. Jimmy

How Do You Do It? urgh..

Okay, so i met this girl around..3 years ago. I had just gotten transfered to that school, and i saw her. Well...there was one of those dances, and i got the gut to ask her. She never said yes, but she never said no. She didn't show up, so i took it as a no. Weelll, 2 years later, we still go to the same school. There's a homecoming dance thingy, and i was wondering if i should ask her again... I dont think i'm physically atractive.. I have short hair, i always pop my collar, i wear glasses, and i'm half korean. o_O uhh..any advice would be grateful..thanks.

You better do it. Even if she does say no, at least you tried. If you dont do it now you will be wishing your whole life "what if". And besides even if she does says no there are plenty of other girls out there and you don't need to worry about just her. When I was your age the same thing happened, I wanted to ask a girl to prom and thought she'd say no. Guess what, I asked her and she said yes 6 years later and now we're married! How about that. So anyway, you need to man up, and find the guts to ask her, you only have one chance at life.

Edited by coolduck123456 (see edit history)

ask her... people change... mabye she wasnt so mature last year and didnt think she could handle it... you should really ask her though... believe me you wont regret it.... lol :)

ah... it went like this. I had just gotten out of my classromm and saw her walking by. I started saying.."Hey, umm if you aren't busy later today, i was wondering-" CLICK! She walked past me and went in her class. Man, i felt like an idiot. So, i went home, put my guitar on the loudest volume, and played for about an hour. (guitar has a way of relieving stress for me) but yea, oh well.

Edited by St. Jimmy (see edit history)

Hey dont worry about it. It happens to the best of us. First of all, when reading this i felt like you dont have much confidence in your self. Do something that makes you feel good and gives you confidence because no matter what you actually look like, you should always feel sexy and hot. This advice goes for both guys and girls. If someone sees you and can tell you are happy with yourself and confident, they are more likely to start talking to you since they think you are amazing. Secondly, dont worry about being shot down. It happened to me all the time and yet i still found girls to date all the time. Its something to learn from and to get used to because what you want to happen isnt always what it supposed to happen. So here is my advice (which i gave to some friends earlier this evening already), just remember that what is meant to happen will and that if it doesnt happen, just know that it is because something better is out there waiting to happen. Always be happy and just enjoy being you and what you do.

LOLDid you actually ask her again. I doesn;t mean she don't like you yet. When a guy asks a girl out, she migt say "I'll think about it" to not sound desperate,, but it does not mean she hates you, you're meant to ask her again to see what she "thought" about. Ask her again this year, I thinks its cute that you liked her for 2 years!!!

I would definatly go for it. Even if she does say No you can find someone else. Although in these 2 years have you ever tried to make friends with her? Get to know her? I am hoping she didn't hear you when she walked by. I would just try to get to know her in person before you just go and ask her out like that. If you have well then that's good.

First of tell me what you have done in these 2 years.Have you ever tried to be friend of her?Have you tried to understand her likes and dislikes?Have you ever stand along her side in her bad days?I don't think you have done these things, you are just waiting for things to change automatically. No, it will never change human emotions are not machines, which can be on-off any time. The transformation from NO to YES requires you to do some thing. Always keep in mind a deer doesn't moves into lion's mouth on its will but lion has to run after it, has to spend its energy to catch the deer.

Like everyone else say, try it. Did you ever think that maybe the reason that she didn't show up to that dance one year was because she to shy and scared? She might feel the same way about you but she doesn't want to say it. So go for it. The worst thing could happen is if she says no. There are always other girls out there. Give it a shot. :)

Well, during the past 2 years, i tried to make friends with her. It's really hard to talk to her alone though. She's always surrounded by her friends. But, i was lucky and got to talk with her a few times. Very brief, because she acts like she's busy.

Did you ever tried to impresse her? Make her say "WOW" , use your talent!!!(Sorry but I'm portuguese so some prhases I wanted to say I couldn't because I didn't know the correct words)

This is something new to talk about in Xisto as Xisto didn't used to have this :) .I'll just go straight to the point: I cannot give you any help over this but I wish to ask a question related to this topic. Okay, so all of us highschoolers have to admit that we're interested with at least one person. I believe that getting to know a person slowly gives you a more likely chance of her going out with you to the prom or something, rather than straight up asking her. But when you do ask, and she says no. And i mean a real straight up no, maybe with a reason or two but a real straight up no, should a guy (like me) cover up with something? Of course everyone does this on impulse, you feel all disappointed inside, then switch to another topic of discussion. Would replying with something like "Well, okay, thanks for being honest with me", be a more worthy answer? It'll probably do nothing to your current relationship with her, but i think it should help you cope with it if you talk it out with her about this. What do you guys think?

Edited by evion (see edit history)

Did you ever tried to impresse her? Make her say "WOW" , use your talent!!!(Sorry but I'm portuguese so some prhases I wanted to say I couldn't because I didn't know the correct words)

I thought i did impress her once. Their was a big dance around a year ago, and my band played there. (i'm the guitarist and vocalist). I thought that she'd be impressed for sure. but...

I thought i did impress her once. Their was a big dance around a year ago, and my band played there. (i'm the guitarist and vocalist). I thought that she'd be impressed for sure. but...

Not everyone is impressed by music. Or people within music bands. I myself just listen to music, for the music, i don't take notice who is singing it, or in some caswes what the title of the song is. when someone says make her go 'WOW', you have to do something that directly impacts her.

Example: There is a project or an aspect at which she cannot do, and needs help in someway to do his task. Now she may know nothing at all on the subject, however you could be this complete genuis on it. Offer to give her some help, spend time with her etc. Most girls i know tend to study alone if they are getting help from someone else, so this is your chance to get to know her, let her know you, and also just to make her go 'WOW' for hlping her out.

DO NOT at this stage ask her to the dance though, keep the friendship happening for a few weeks, keep offering help. Don't become to clingy, and then when you see her heading home, offer to walk with her, this would be the most perfect time to ask her. Also, offer to goto the dance with her, not meet her there, she will feel more confident if she is shy etc.

Ah, so you've talked to her. Pretty briefly if what you say is true. Now let's try something. Put yourself in her shoes. Imagine that there's a guy who likes you and wants to go out with you. What has he done so far? He's only talked to you for 5 minutes in total. Has he ever done anything to show to her that he's a cool guy who's fun to hang out with? A confident person who can carry a conversation and keep her entertained?If you HAVE done these things, then I say to you "bravo" and the only reason she isn't going out with you is because she feels shy or intimidated by your "cool"ness.But if all you've done is to talk to her about the weather and ask to borrow her history notes, I don't really expect her to be attracted to you. So CHANGE that. Next time you meet her, talk to her about something interesting. Go up to her and ask her "Hey, was that you that I saw spraypainting a mannequin at the mall the other day?" Of course she'll say "no" and then you can have some fun discussing who it was doing something that weird. If she says "yes", she's a really fun gal to be with and I wouldn't mind if you got me her number. :lol:Anyway, what I mean is that you have to have conversations with her that she will remember as being interesting. Then move on to DOING interesting things with her, like invite her to go ice dancing (at the skating rink). That's a personal fave of mine.After all that, I'm sure that she wouldn't mind saying "yes" to your invitation to the dance. Good luck.