xisto Community
Mike

Where Can I Learn Html? I need some help with it.

Well, to tell you the truth, I learned HTML at http://www.w3schools.com/. Do you guys think that their HTML tutorial [lessons] are good enough? I learned how to make a whole page and I even know some javascript (how to make those buttons so that when you click on it, a little pop-up [containing whatever you want it to say] pops up on your screen). Opinions on learning more HTML? Do you guys think that I have learned enough HTML?

If you want to buy a book on HTML, the best one is definitely "HTML in a nutshell" by O'Reilly. This one is to learn HTML, there is an even better one which is used as a reference book: "Dynamic HTML. The Definitive Reference". I am a web professional, I have used a lot of programming books over the years to help me through the hard times and I can tell you, the Definitive Reference on HTML is definitely the one I have used the most...

well i take classes for "ADVANCE HTML" in college and its friken harder than basic but learning it in a website is good too. But i garantee you that if you learn it in school/college then a website, you will understand it more, then easily learn the basics of html maybe in a month or two.

well i take classes for "ADVANCE HTML" in college and its friken harder than basic but learning it in a website is good too. But i garantee you that if you learn it in school/college then a website, you will understand it more, then easily learn the basics of html maybe in a month or two.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I always hae a look at this website > http://www.webdeveloper.com/advhtml/

You can find pretty much anything you can think of, as far as web development in there. Enjoy ...

You can also try Lissa Explains for the basics and much more. It's a fun site =)

Try goooogling man. Google is always there to help you. Your question sounds kinda funny cos there are so many free HTML tutorials over the WWW.

the best way to learn html is opening a good website html, you are learning form seeing other person web. Actually i don't really like html, why dont you just using Dreamweaver. By combining a basic HTML skill and you design skill, you will be able to create such a great website.Dont just searching and reading HTML tutorial, you should practice man, try to create somthing simple such as create table, marquee, and other.. owh yeah, htmlgoodies si good... thx for the link eklypze!! :D

There has been too many posts about this when I say many I mean LOADS... Anyways html is sooo easy... Anyone could learn it in a day, I started when I was 8. Well that is sweet that you know how to make javascript pop ups. :D I don't think you should read a whole load of crap up on it, just make a a page and as you go along just see what fings you need read up on them add it, improve it carry on. And then you will have a page full of awesome stuff.Googling it is the solution for basically every question asked in this category probably...

Well, to tell you the truth, I learned HTML at http://www.w3schools.com./; Do you guys think that their HTML tutorial [lessons] are good enough?  I learned how to make a whole page and I even know some javascript (how to make those buttons so that when you click on it, a little pop-up [containing whatever you want it to say] pops up on your screen).  Opinions on learning more HTML?  Do you guys think that I have learned enough HTML?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Best way, in my opinion (and others), is to get yourself a HTML generator, IE microsoft front page. You can create decent webpages with this and have little knowledge of html. Due to its html view, you could create a simple piece of text, view it in html and see how it works.

I started of using it for websites. By creating lots of them i slowly understood it, i then took a big intrest in launguage itself and learnt very fast. I still use it now, but i use the HTML editor view a lot.

Anyway good luck on learning, if you get stuck with anything search it on google :D

Well, to tell you the truth, I learned HTML at http://www.w3schools.com./; Do you guys think that their HTML tutorial [lessons] are good enough?  I learned how to make a whole page and I even know some javascript (how to make those buttons so that when you click on it, a little pop-up [containing whatever you want it to say] pops up on your screen).  Opinions on learning more HTML?  Do you guys think that I have learned enough HTML?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not a fan of w3schools, it seems to give you loads of random and not necessarily useful information in no particular order.

netscape has one ... i'm not sure if it's still out there (it's harder and harder to find) but used to be at developer.netscape.com and it was fantastic ... and you can download the whole thing as well. I can't find it anymore (thank god i have it locally!).