xisto Community
cjm1504

How To Change Windows Xp Language ?

solutionHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

Replying to iGuest

1.Go to start2. Press run 3. Type Regedit 4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE go to "SYSTEM" go to "ControlSet001" go to "Control" go to "Nls" go to " languages" 5. Change the Default? and ?InstallLanguage? (first and last in the list) to 0409 [for you.S english, for other codes look down in the thread], just press the 6. Download and install Sp3 for xp in English 7. Restart computer. 8. Be happy for it works. Massive thanks to the orginal poster, works just fine, though some desktop names and folders remain in orginal languadge.-reply by luka

I did this but got this error ::::

Service Pack 3 Setup Error

Setup cannot update your Windows XP

files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language.

and I got this extra bit of information about the control pannel from this site

Mydigitallife.Info/2007/12/14/trick-to-install-windows-xp-sp3-rc-in-non-english-language-editions/

To change the system installed locale language, run Registry Editor, and then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguage registry key, and then change the value date for ?Default? and ?InstallLanguage? registry value to ?0409?, which represent US English.

Then, open Control Panel, and open Regional and Language Options. In Regional Options and Advanced tabs, set the language to English (US) as default format and language for non-Unicode programs. Click on ?OK? when done, and then reboot the system.

Try to install the downloaded XP SP1 setup package. It should beAble to install without any error now. If you still get theIncompatible language prompt, try to restart computer into Safe Mode and try to install SP3 in Safe Mode.

havnt tried it yet but it makes sense coz I screwed around to muchWith the regional settings b4 I found out about changing the regeditAnd had the problem error when installing the xp sp3

I should be able to fix the reginal settings now and it should work

I got this error "Service Pack 3 Setup Error"

Setup cannot update your Windows XP

Posted Image

files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language

and found the Souloution on this site :

Mydigitallife.Info/2007/12/14/trick-to-install-windows-xp-sp3-rc-in-non-english-language-editions

There might be an update you can install to change the language. I know you can change the language your keyboard outputs and all that in 'Regional and Language Settings' in your Control Panel.

Cannot update XP files with a patch. Lg. system differs from lg. update.How To Change Windows Xp Language ?Hi everyone.I cannot update my McMillan dictionary files on my XP, because the language system is different from the language update. I am not a Pc expert, so I do not know how to deal with this problem.I do beg you to help me. I will be unimaginably grateful for anyone for any hints or tips.Lots of thanks in advance, Mark.-question by Mark

Summary:

This article describes how to change the language in Windows XP.Setting the language does not change the language of Windows menus andDialogs, but it does allow you to display text in other languages andTo enter text in other languages. Some languages (typically AsianLanguages) will not appear correctly in the eWebEditPro menus and dialogsUnless the default language matches the language of the eWebEditProLocale XML data. Multiple languages will appear in the editor's contentWindow regardless of the language chosen for the menus and dialogs.

Changing the language does not change the language of theMenus and dialogs of Windows or Windows applications like InternetExplorer. For more information on changing the language of WindowsItself and IE, see the references below.

Language settings in Windows 95/98/Me are significantly differentAnd beyond the scope of this article. Windows NT does not support fullyChanging the language from English to Asian. The native version ofWindows NT is required to use Japanese, Chinese, or Korean.

Set a default language of the system to match the language you wishTo display. You may need to install the language from the Windows SetupCD-ROM. You may need to restart Windows after selecting a new systemLanguage.

Steps to change the default system language (Windows XP)

• Open the Control Panel.

• Open Regional and Language Options.

• Click the Languages tab.

• Ensure Supplemental language support items are checked.https://developer.ektron.com/

• Click the Advanced tab.

• Select the language from the list in the Language for non-Unicode programs.   

https://developer.ektron.com/

-reply by Rayar

Its not goodHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

Yes it can be set language in the regional and language option but after this try to have a password for your account then log-off when you log-in the language are not set for the language you choice to the language option, it is happen me yesterday now I can't used my computer its better to reinstall new OS with english language!

-reply by jake76

Hi,
This is one of my favorite forum. I would say, thanks for providing this useful information. I, must appreciate the tools provided by you. Please keep updating me.

CSK

My skin used to be pretty dry- then I discovered this product by Castle Baths, Hand and Body Lotion- with Shea Butter- my favorite is the Jubilee with Pink Grapefruit!

Hand and Body Lotion- with Shea Butter

change xp language reinstalling SP3 with the target languageHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

How To Change Windows Xp Language ?

To changeThe whole system language you shouldInstall newer service pack with differentLanguage. Or Uninstall theLast installed Service Pack and after change the registrysettings belowInstall it again.

Make always a backup of your Registry at first !

For xample

If you have XP SP2 in ENG and want to have it inItalian, you will have toDownload SP3 in Italian (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ change language to desired one then download), change some registryKeys (go toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlNlsLanguage RegistryKey, and then change the value date for ?Default? and?InstallLanguage?Registry value from 0409 to 0410) reboot and you'll be able toInstall SP3 inItalian. 

If noProblems occur, you will have the whole system language changed. /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley2.Gif

Here is the List of numbers that represents each language in registry: 

• 0436 = "af;Afrikaans"

• 041C = "sq;Albanian"

• 0001 = "ar;Arabic"

• 0401 = "ar-sa;Arabic (Saudi Arabia)"

• 0801 = "ar-iq;Arabic (Iraq)"

• 0C01 = "ar-eg;Arabic (Egypt)"

• 1001 = "ar-ly;Arabic (Libya)"

• 1401 = "ar-dz;Arabic (Algeria)"

• 1801 = "ar-ma;Arabic (Morocco)"

• 1C01 = "ar-tn;Arabic (Tunisia)"

• 2001 = "ar-om;Arabic (Oman)"

• 2401 = "ar-ye;Arabic (Yemen)"

• 2801 = "ar-sy;Arabic (Syria)"

• 2C01 = "ar-jo;Arabic (Jordan)"

• 3001 = "ar-lb;Arabic (Lebanon)"

• 3401 = "ar-kw;Arabic (Kuwait)"

• 3801 = "ar-ae;Arabic (you.A.E.)"

• 3C01 = "ar-bh;Arabic (Bahrain)"

• 4001 = "ar-qa;Arabic (Qatar)"

• 042D = "eu;Basque"

• 0402 = "bg;Bulgarian"

• 0423 = "be;Belarusian"

• 0403 = "ca;Catalan"

• 0004 = "zh;Chinese"

• 0404 = "zh-tw;Chinese (Taiwan)"

• 0804 = "zh-cn;Chinese (China)"

• 0C04 = "zh-hk;Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)"

• 1004 = "zh-sg;Chinese (Singapore)"

• 041A = "hr;Croatian"

• 0405 = "cs;Czech"

• 0406 = "the;Danish"

• 0413 = "nl;Dutch (Netherlands)"

• 0813 = "nl-be;Dutch (Belgium)"

• 0009 = "en;English"

• 0409 = "en-us;English (United States)"

• 0809 = "en-gb;English (United Kingdom)"

• 0C09 = "en-au;English (Australia)"

• 1009 = "en-ca;English (Canada)"

• 1409 = "en-nz;English (New Zealand)"

• 1809 = "en-ie;English (Ireland)"

• 1C09 = "en-za;English (South Africa)"

• 2009 = "en-jm;English (Jamaica)"

• 2809 = "en-bz;English (Belize)"

• 2C09 = "en-tt;English (Trinidad)"

• 0425 = "et;Estonian"

• 0438 = "fo;Faeroese"

• 0429 = "fa;Farsi"

• 040B = "fi;Finnish"

• 040C = "fr;French (France)"

• 080C = "fr-be;French (Belgium)"

• 0C0C = "fr-ca;French (Canada)"

• 100C = "fr-ch;French (Switzerland)"

• 140C = "fr-lu;French (Luxembourg)"

• 043C = "gd;Gaelic"

• 0407 = "de;German (Germany)"

• 0807 = "de-ch;German (Switzerland)"

• 0C07 = "de-at;German (Austria)"

• 1007 = "de-lu;German (Luxembourg)"

• 1407 = "de-li;German (Liechtenstein)"

• 0408 = "el;Greek"

• 040D = "he;Hebrew"

• 0439 = "hi;Hindi"

• 040E = "hu;Hungarian"

• 040F = "is;Icelandic"

• 0421 = "in;Indonesian"

• 0410 = "it;Italian (Italy)"

• 0810 = "it-ch;Italian (Switzerland)"

• 0411 = "ja;Japanese"

• 0412 = "ko;Korean"

• 0426 = "lv;Latvian"

• 0427 = "lt;Lithuanian"

• 042F = "mk;FYRO Macedonian"

• 043E = "ms;Malay (Malaysia)"

• 043A = "mt;Maltese" 0414 = "no;Norwegian (Bokmal)"

• 0814 = "no;Norwegian (Nynorsk)"

• 0415 = "pl;Polish"

• 0416 = "pt-br;Portuguese (Brazil)"

• 0816 = "pt;Portuguese (Portugal)"

• 0417 = "rm;Rhaeto-Romanic"

• 0418 = "ro;Romanian"

• 0818 = "ro-mo;Romanian (Moldova)"

• 0419 = "ru;Russian"

• 0819 = "ru-mo;Russian (Moldova)"

• 0C1A = "sr;Serbian (Cyrillic)"

• 081A = "sr;Serbian (Latin)"

• 041B = "sk;Slovak"

• 0424 = "sl;Slovenian"

• 042E = "sb;Sorbian"

• 040A = "es;Spanish (Traditional Sort)"

• 080A = "es-mx;Spanish (Mexico)"

• 0C0A = "es;Spanish (International Sort)"

• 100A = "es-gt;Spanish (Guatemala)"

• 140A = "es-cr;Spanish (Costa Rica)"

• 180A = "es-pa;Spanish (Panama)"

• 1C0A = "es-do;Spanish (Dominican Republic)"

• 200A = "es-ve;Spanish (Venezuela)"

• 240A = "es-co;Spanish (Colombia)"

• 280A = "es-pe;Spanish (Peru)"

• 2C0A = "es-ar;Spanish (Argentina)"

• 300A = "es-ec;Spanish (Ecuador)"

• 340A = "es-cl;Spanish (Chile)"

• 380A = "es-uy;Spanish (Uruguay)"

• 3C0A = "es-py;Spanish (Paraguay)"

• 400A = "es-bo;Spanish (Bolivia)"

• 440A = "es-sv;Spanish (El Salvador)"

• 480A = "es-hn;Spanish (Honduras)"

• 4C0A = "es-ni;Spanish (Nicaragua)"

• 500A = "es-pr;Spanish (Puerto Rico)"

• 0430 = "sx;Sutu"

• 041D = "sv;Swedish"

• 081D = "sv-fi;Swedish (Finland)"

• 041E = "th;Thai"

• 0431 = "ts;Tsonga"

• 0432 = "tn;Tswana"

• 041F = "tr;Turkish"

• 0422 = "uk;Ukrainian"

• 0420 = "your;Urdu"

• 042A = "vi;Vietnamese"

• 0434 = "xh;Xhosa"

• 043D = "ji;Yiddish"

• 0435 = "zu;Zulu"

source: http://forums.xisto.com/Change-Windows-Xp-Language-t42333.Html&st=20

-reply by hint

Language SettingsHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

Go to the Star Menu.. Then Control Panel... Then Regional/Language settings... Change your language.. No need to reinstall windows.

-reply by Brandon

Dell windows xp 2002 / change language from english to spanishHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

If someone can please give me step by step how to change the language on a Dell Windows XP 2002 Professional from English to Spanish I would really appreciate it.  I know someone in  a Spanish speaking Country that bought a used computer that need to convert the language to be able to use it and I do not know how to do it.  I need to give them step by step instructions through text because it is extremely expensive to call them and walk them through it.

Thank you in advanced for your help and guidence.

God Bless!

same problem here, borrowed a PC all in chinese, and I don't want to risk crashing it by messing around with all the settings (which I already did once ;D)blindly changing the settings in ''control panel>regional settings''didn't work for me...

I do have a cra ked version of XP SP2 but I don't want to erase any file,since I'm only borrowing it for a little while.anybody got a quick fix please let me know

-reply by Boobya

Caveats...How To Change Windows Xp Language ?

Hello,

Thank you for the hint, it worked for me... Well, almost. Maybe it's because my XP had already an SP3 installed, now my XP is using the new language most of the time, but some menu are still in french (the old language). However, after the language switch, the computer was not able to update anymore; the windows update web site gave a generic error.

The good news is that manually installing IE8 (in the new language) fixed the problem, now I can update the system again!

-reply by Antonio

Asian to englishHow To Change Windows Xp Language ?

My father is having some issues with what he thinks is a virus that changed everything to an asian font. I have windows vista, he has Xp, and having a hard time helping him out. Is there any websites or anything that could give me a step by step without knowing what each tab is? I.E-" third tab from the left". Just looking to help him out. Thanks, Dan