xisto Community
trace-uk

I Can't Stop The Pop-ups! Help!

I keep getting pop ups (new IE windows) from the following websites as soon as I connect to the net - drivecleaner . com, partypoker . com, meetic. com etc.I've run adaware, spybot search and destroy and they still remain. I've changed my internet settings to "medium" up from low (I think spyware set that up).Any ideas?

Download and use Firefox or Opera with their ad-blockers.or start-up in safe mode and use AVG or Avast to get rid of the malware which is running on your machine.

Definitely not something we can help with. You need a software which can effectively clean out all these rubbish (spyware, malware, virus, pop ups ... etc) for you. For me, I use spybot search and destroy, avg anti virus and ad-aware. And my computer is good, no pop ups or anything like that

You definately want to try using a spyware program to get rid of some of those popup causing programs on your computer. I would honestly recommend CounterSpy - it detects up to 99% of all spyware out there with daily definition updates. Only catch, it is $20 I think. Very much worth it my opinion though, good program to run once a week or so just to keep your computer clean. If you want to avoid the 20 bucks, try Spybot Search and Destroy like darran said above, it's a free program that does similar things as CounterSpy, but does not detect as much, and some more advanced popup causing programs may slip through its tests. One other thing you can do by yourself - if you're using Internet Explorer you may want to also try clearing your cookies and browser history, I dont know the exact effectiveness of this, but it seems to work. Goto Tools ---> Internet Options and clear cookies in the General Tab.Hope I could help out a little. Let us know how it pans out for you.

You can have to download the outpost to try it if it help. I have used it over a half year. It helped me blocked a lot of ads and even attacks. It also provides a great spyware scanning that you can real protect you computer without infected spyware. And it spyware database is updated regular. So your computer are protected with the lastest information. It's now version 4.0. Here is screen of my computer.and also you have to try out firefox if you haven't. It is a great tools and also will be release version 2.With both Firefox and Outpost. Just to try it out.enekz,

heh, popups? almost forgot whats that since i use opera :lol::( . i suggest you start using it too, its free now, and install ad-aware(free) and scan your computer completly, than do the same with nod32, its all free, for me that are 3 sacred programs that get installed instantly every time i format my computer and install system(windows, of course :()

popups cant get rid of it if you are getting pop ups and you are using ie 6.0 click on Tools on ie and popups and you can block the popups.still you can search for popups blockers on google so many to find.and you can stop all different pop ups you are getting