xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Flash Drive Not Reading Problem Need Support

This classmate of mines flash drive seem to be having reading problems, like it was there but when you click on the drive it's empty or you get the insert flash drive pop. Well in 2 tries i got it to work problem solve I saved her info on my computer just in case. When she tried it on her computer problem came up, so I though if i reformat this it would work well nope it didn't. By then my computer wasn't picking it up at all (might have used the wrong FAT format but I doubt it though).

Funny thing is that the light it has ot show it's reading stays on so thats where the reading problem came into play. Ff course I tried looking for their website no success so far for support. Will keep looking for it just ot solve and clear my head it.

The flash disk name is THomson it's 128mb heres what it looks like

http://www.cengage.com/search/showresults.do?N=16

She said it wasn't damage and from what I could tell it wasn't. So is it a reading problem or something else?

Also if you do find their site post it up so I can check it out thanks.

Could possibly be from removing the flash drive improperly(not clicking "remove drive safely), to many times. It's not that uncommon for people to do this. It happened to my teacher. I suggest getting a new one, and not that type.Try getting a Sandisk or Kingston, they're the best.

Corrupt files can sometimes cause it, or if the drive has not been used for a while. Flash memory requires power to store the data, so if a pen drive is left for quite a while then the data may become corrupt or disappear. Depending on the manufacturer it can vary from a few months to many years before that happens.

it is used for class every week so it is being used, data wasn't corrupted because I was able to pull it from the flash disk before it stopped reading all together on my computer.

I used to have a problem similar to what you are having at the moment with my creative Mp3 player. My problem was the cable was not connected properly, but in your case, check whether the cable is correctly connected. Is it loose or anything because that is the only reason I think could have happened to your flash drive. Another issue could be maybe your socket has been spoilt and it may need to be resoldered. Check it out and get back to me in this thread :)

nope it's not any of those problems you have mention although i never considered it, I know my computers well to know that isn't causing it.@kubi although that could be it, but I have done that lots of times and nothing has come up like that. If I can't think of anything else in a few days about this problem I would assume that it's a reading problem and go fro mthere.Although most of the ideas have been shot down their could still be ones that missed.

I 've had the same problem with a Medion memory stick of 128 MB last summer.

found the solution on another forum http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The problem was solved after downloading and runnig the program
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

First I did repair (takes some time).
Then a format.
And then after a few times plug-in and out the drive works back normal.
The problem was raised when I tried to make my USB stick bootable.

hmmm oyu might have found what I was looking for kdr, I let you know if these work if they do, I'll bow down to your computer intelligence. Well not really I just give big thanks.

same prob, sortaFlash Drive Not Reading Problem Need Support

yah this is a realllly dead thread but I do have the same problem

got a 8 gig Scandisk cruzer, had it for about a month.

works fine on all other machines except my desktop, its getting power(lights up) its picked up by my computer but does not show any memory availableIn it, I cannot copy files to it or access the ones on it. Formatted it on aComp that worked, still nothing.

only thing is my hardwired usbs on my mobo all went out for what ever reason(all flash drives worked on original mobo usb?s) so I got a pci-usb (5port)Card and all other usb devices work fine on it Except flash drives. (TriedAnother and it didn?t want to register the files or memory)

Any ideas? (Already got the latest drivers for the pci card)

Already tried unplugging all other usb devices except flash to check forPower drain

Already uninstalled / reinstalled usb drivers and the flash drive's drivers

Tried connections on all ports

HeLpZ!

-reply by InfernosOfDante