xisto Community
ibella88

Muslims

Hey PeopleI'm not being religionist or whatever you call it (as you can tell i'm not exactly that smart) but as in my best friend is muslim but my mum she has this thing about muslims and she says that they start wars and all these crisisisis... um yeah crisisis something like that and i'm confused right now do any of you agree with my mum be cause i'm so lost it's not even funny anymore :)

Notice from jlhaslip:
Moved from Dating advise.please be more selective about where you start a Topic, thanks.

I'm fine with Muslims, my mate's mum is muslim and we go to a catholic school..... he gets bullied for that quite a bit, some very hurtful comments were made. "You can't be catholic, your mum's a terrorist!" was the worst of it, I had my say in the argumentwhich turned in to a punch-up.... But the point is: I've nothing against Muslims. :)

I have nothing against Muslims either. There are multiple people of multiple relgions out there and there are always people commiting crimes and whatnot. For the most part they seem like nice people. Your mom might of had a bad experience with them or heard a rumor or something. She has the right to believe what she wants, but you can believe whatever you want.

All the Muslims I know are nice people and I have nothing against them or their religion. The terrorist stereotype has gotten way out of hand because nobody knows anything about the religion. People seem to think that the religion dictates that non-Muslims be killed, but it specifically says not to hurt innocent people.

Your friend wouldn't be your best friend if he/she wasn't an all right person. Most things said about Muslims are false, and are usually said out of ignorance. If you knew about the Muslim religion, you would understand that Islam does not promote terrorism, but rather condemns it. There's nothing to be confused about, you just have to realise that these so-called Muslim terrorists aren't really Muslims. A true Muslim would not be a terrorist.

No religion is bad, its the fanaticism that mars it down. I dont have anything against Muslims but I cant stand terrorism and the people that do hate crimes. You have to understand that no religion teaches its followers to start chaos or perform any act of destruction. The fanatic religious leaders misinterpret the sayings in the holy book'Quran' and lead the followers towards path of destruction and hatred much to their own advantage.

Catholics have done worse things in the name of religion...The muslim faith is generally considered to be peace, love, hapiness. Nothing like all these things...The devil and devilmaker is of course George Bush Jr. who with his actions has caused another idiotic reason for people to fight, their religion....It's like medieval age all over again...People don't think anymore...Of course they never did, but it's getting worse everyday...Generalizing will only cause problems. There are bad Muslims, but not all are bad. There are evil Catholics, Orthodox priests, but not all of them are bad. There are stupid Americans...But there are some who aren't so... :)Just find the real cause to all the problems and all those racist remarks and tones and, and, and...

Thank you guys for making things clear about islam. I am a muslim myself, and I am very proud of it. Most of my friends are christian, and they are really nice. Like all of you said: Some muslims are extremist but others aren't. I wish your opinions is the opinion of everyone on the planet! But this have a very low probability. Because some people just don't wanna listen, they just want me to beleive them, but they never give me the chance to defend my own religion. It is a fantastic religion, what is said by the Quaur'an can amaze you. Some scientists turned to muslims because they discovered things and then read the same thing in the Quaur'an so it was long before any human can discover complicated things here on earth.Thanks again!

Hadi, different countries usually have different general opinions about people...In Greece for example people are very friendly with every religion and every country...We still are deeply sorry about the destruction in Lebanon (hospitals, water pumping stations, schools, convoys of migrating people...), in Palestine (complete utter destruction with the help of NATO and USA). We are still very friendly with everyone, be it muslim or christian as many may well know...Still, racism exists with our neighbours. Most people are extremely racist with Albanians (because a large group of them has caused numerous problems, plus all those immigrants get jobs with a very small salary). Generalising, as always causes more problems, especially social ones...And again, most people dislike the american government (not the people, the government) because of all the things they have done to the world, coup d'etats, killings, mass destruction, mass murders etc etc...Things are in generally like that in every country... People find someone to hate...For its latest victim and for another reason to possibly attack Iran, Muslims are a target...