xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eternal

Guild Wars Nightfall

Now many of you may not call this a true RPG, but theres no denying that its a very fun game, anyone out there play it?Its so much fun doing guild verses guild, heros ascent and all other kinds of pvp with heaps of other people.the best thing is, theres no monthly fee.probably my favourite game at the moment, what are your thoughts on it?-eternal

Never heard of it.Give us more info about it.The game type,graphics,playabilty etc.Support us with a few screenshots if you can.What is the game all bout? Is it like final fantasy?ff is a RPG game,and it's one of my fav games.

well the original game titled strictly Guild Wars was pretty fun then Arenanet started to nerf (get rid of) our favorite farming(a term to describe going to a place over and over again to collect golds and items) spots and making us all poor...the original game had 6 proffessionsWarrior- pretty much speaks for itself...up in the front line "tanking"(taking all the damage for the rest of the group and dealing some) and taking most of the aggro (you have a mini map and a little bubble on the mini map centered around your green dot that represents you if any red dots [enemies] got inside your bubble you aggroed them and they would come and attack you)Monk- is basically a medic the healer of the team...they have some damage dealing skills but not as many as healing and protecting skillsRanger- the master of the bow..can also capture a pet to help you fight...set traps for your enemies to walk over and the traps explode and set the enemy on fire, blind him, cripple him, or even make him bleedMesmer- master of illusion. Mesmers can place hexes on you and other enemies to quickly drain at your health make you move slower or even take damage from weapons that arent thereElementalist- basically explains himself/herself you control the elements water,fire,earth,air(electricity and the like) to deal massive ammounts of damage, set up wards to slow enemies, or use spells that will encase the enemie in ice slowwing their movement critticallyNecromancer- possibly one of the most fun characters in the game you have the ability to steal health from an enemy with a single touch, look or spell, you can turn corpses of friends and foes alike into undead slaves to walk around and kill things for youAs in many RPG games there are clans or in this case Guilds. A guild can be created for a mere 100 gold (the common currency of the game) have a cape made for your guild for 2,000 gold and buy a guild hall for all your guildies to meet, talk, or arange a GvG (guild versus guild) match for somewhere between 15,000 gold and 20,000 gold these daysThe graphics are alot better than most games probably slightly worse than WoW (world of warcraft) and the gameplay is absolutely stunning the AI is good there are slight glitches here and there in the game though you may get stuck among a bunch of rocks and have no idea why and not be able to move unless killed or something along those linesThey have recently added many updates some including more skills new items and economy changes. The official website where you can see screen shots. listings of other fan sites and even a kit to start your own fansite is https://www.guildwars.com/en/ I hope i have helped some people in the choice of a new free MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game)~ARCK

The game is great. Think of it along the lines of fable multiplayer, without the will powers. Instead you have more realisting powers for the time era. Plus you can choose your profession and secondary profession as well.

Eh, it's just another MMORPG in my eyes. The only redeeming quality is that the game is free to play. Other than that, it's a watered down WoW. The level cap is so terribly low and the quests are awfully generic. Pick it up if you're new to MMORPGs or if you're just cheap.

I wouldn't compare World of Warcraft to Guild Wars at all. They are both based off of two completely different concepts. World of Warcraft is much more story driven and focuses a lot on Player vs Environment stuff whereas Guild Wars is much faster paced and is based much more off of Player vs Player, Guild vs Guild concepts. Item's matter in both but much more in World of Warcraft. Guild Wars focuses more on what you do once you reach the level cap not so much as getting there like World of Warcraft. There really are a ton of differences and it really depends on what type of gameplay you like.

i play guild wars since it was released, and i must say it is a good game. it doesnt take your life away just as other mmorpgs, there you are limited to lvl20, so no infinite farming for ultimate level or weapon, when you finisg storyline you can get to competing part of the game or explore lands, but important is, that it is not like other "life eating" mmorpgs.has any of you played nightfall event thos weekend(i think it is still on as i am writing this)

I bought it a while ago, but it's not realy my style,it's cool to have a home for you're guild etc,but you have to do quests in rpg mode, but it isn't realy rpg, it's so limited, bought WoW now, but realised I don't have mutch time to play,it's vacation soon, I will see what future brings, lolso, guildwars is quite a good game, but not for the rpg-loving ppl

i am certanly going to buy guild wars nightfall, because im a great fan of the game series. i own both prewious chapters (prophecies and factions), althou my opinion is that factions are not as good as prophecies, and i think nightfall will be much better than factions. factions seem like they have been made really fast, in a short time, and you can notice that when you play the game. you can finish all 13!!(only 13 missions) in 3 days, and you can do it mostly with henchmen, which is not good for a online game, since the point is to play with other players. howewer, nightfall will be different, it brings more control to the henchmen, brings in the whole new hero sistem, has 20 missions, which i think will be great based on what i saw during the event few weeks ago. the nightfall will be released next week, on friday, and i am sure going to buy it the same hour the stores open!!! you should all do the same if you like guild wars :)

yes i have been thinking about getting guild wars factions for a long time now. i decided i am gonna wait till i get my computer which should be soon. Im not sure if i will get nightfall anytime too soon after i get factions i will probably want to play that one and beat it or get close at least. i havent played it but its free and all of my friends that have it says that it is great. and i like rpg's alot so i think i will like it for that reason. and i like games where you can play with other people around the world.

just a quick review of nightfall, which i have been playing hard since the hour it was released :lol:. i have not actually finished the game (completed all primary objectives), but i have gotten pretty good feeling about the game. it is good, no-one can say it is not, missions are well done, but there is a problem called heroes. it was supposed to be a great new twist to the game, but i have come to the sulfurous desert(almost end -game) and i havent done not one mission with human players. i sure hope this will be changed at the very end, because it is not good for MMO to be played alone, i mean, there is no point in that, since MMO-s should tend to be played people-with-people, noth people-computer(or player alone).otherwise, new professions are quite good, dervish is like wa/mo(meele weapons with spells and some healing) with hammer on steroides, but with good new approach to the game with enchantments, his skills and even slower than hammer scythe wielding.paragon on the other hand is like ranger with warrior armor, good support unit with shouts, but i havent really gotten into him, so i will report about that another time.another mentionable thing was in-game halloween event, which has taken place in lions arch and kamadan. cityes were decerated, and changed in the way of halloween. merchants were cacoons, there were ghouls, you really had to see it yourself, it was great. also mad king came, and just as last year entertained people with various games as "paper rock scissors" and "mad king says". he appeared evry 3 hours in cityes mentioned before, and at the end of each wisit he gave people pumpkin masks!!to conclude, a really good guild wars (extended) weekend is over, and i cant wait to continue exploring elona(by just finishing the game you explore really little, less than 50%)(forgive me for mistakes, spelling errors etc, but im really short on time, sorry)

Edited by 83perish (see edit history)

Guild Wars was an awesome game for the longest time. I was hooked on the game for at least four months. However, unless you keep buying all the new Guild Wars titles that keep coming out (Factions + Nightfall), no new content is added to the game. I personally can't afford to buy a 50 dollar game every 3 to 4 months or so. I played the original for so long that I started to do things in the game twice, which is mainly what caused me to quit playing the game. The plus side of this game is that it does not require a monthly fee to play. For people who want to play a free MMORPG that is easy to learn and play, Guild Wars is for you.

heh, i know that problem, no new content if you dont buy new chapters. as for the price, look at this that way: other mmorpgs have monthly fee, guild wars doesnt, and many other mmorpg are more expensive even when you buy it in the shop - guild wars are really cheap. it costs merly one day of work, and if you look at this that way- in six to four months, you have to work(not even hard work) for one lousy day, to being able to play new chapters, and thats really not much, for others mmorpgs with monthly fees you have to work once in two months, when you already have the game, and thats really not even that much or hard to do... so to conclude, anything can be done if you want it to be done...