xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

2006 Trap17 Awards Category Ideas

Alright well I decided I was going to be a bit more organized this year with the Xisto Awards and I'm going to start early and let people be more involved. So to start it out I'm going to put up the categories and you guys will tell me if you think some should be changed and give me ideas on what should be added. The number in () will be how many awards will be given out for that category. The prizes will be credits and a tag but the amount of credits will be determined later. I left out a few from last year like Most Helpful Admin and Mod because they all do their fair share helping around the forum. They all deserve a prize. :)Anyone will be able to be nominated for the forum Hosted/NonHosted Mods and Admins so keep that in mind when suggesting a category.Suggested Categories -Most Helpful Members (3) - Members that help out a lot around the forum and do their best to make sure people understand the rules. This will be the only one the doesn't include Mods/AdminsThe Comedian - sort of self explanatory, who makes you laugh or brightens up your day.MVP (Most Valuable Poster) - This does include Mods/Admins and this will be someone that makes post well that are most valuable. Most informative to you in knowledge or being helpful in helping you learn something in general or about the forums.Best Site (Design) - Sort of self explanatory, the person who has the best web site design.Graphical Elite (3) - Those who are really good with signatures, templates, wallpapers, and graphics in generalBest Programmers (2) - Those who are good at coding web sites or programs and help out those with coding.Lives at Xisto (3) - Most active, and always seems to be around.Most Active Shoutbox user (3) - For this nominate who you see in the shoutbox the most often.Most Improved Members (3) - Nominate a member you think has improved the most since they first became a trap member.Reported Posters of the Year (3) - This category is mods to nominate whoe they seen the most when a post as been reported.Trapper of the Year - Like Best Member but open to all.Person most Likly to be Bill Gates Boss - this person posts are considerably intelligent and contribute a lot to the forumSome Thinking of Adding -Sig of the YearNot really sure about any others quite yet. So make some suggestions and we'll have a vote on all of them in a few weeks.

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

I added in the ones I suggested plenowe all remember last year, It was a sweep although this time im out of graphics categories though.But I look to take comedian again because no one can top me in that category.Well since im the king in posts MVP should be mine again although a bit slacking but who knows.Looks Like I will only be taken 3 awards this year but who knows people might want to look at my photobucket links. :)So who else has any ideas for awards?New suggestionMost Active Shoutbox user (3) - For this nominate who you see in the shoutbox the most often.Most Improved Members (3) - Nominate a member you think has improved the most since they first became a trap member.Reported Posters of the Year (3) - This category is mods to nominate whoe they seen the most when a post as been reported.Trapper of the Year(1) - Like Best Member but open to all.Person most Likly to be Bill Gates Boss(1) - this person posts are considerably intelligent and contribute a lot to the forum

I think you've got most things covered there, but I do have one suggestion. How about an award for welcoming people and helping the new members find their feet. It's a kinda vague description and it may well fit into the Most Helpful Members one, but it's just an idea.

That's not a bad idea. We could make it...Welcome Comittee - Person who helps welcome people to Xisto and help them get to know the place.We can add it to the list to be voted upon... SM lol you know it's gonna be a bit tougher this year. And MVP doesn't mean most posts :)

Pretty good list so far. What about Mr. Spontaneous-you never know what they will do. Maybe like a sports guru person too? Or the most cheerful person? A free thinker award? Just some ideas.

Edited by husker (see edit history)

I suggest a "best poster in" for each of the subforums. Like:
- Professor - Best/most tutorials (non graphic)
- On-line Millionaire - Make Money Online posting hotshot
- Mad Scientist - Best idea of the year from the My Ideas... forum
- Oprah/Dr. Phil Wannabe - best advice giver from Dating and Relationships

And no, this is not to try and finagle something for the Creativity forum then spam everything I've ever written in hopes of getting it. LOL

Edited by NigaiAmaiYume (see edit history)

I agree with NigaiAmaiYume, there should be award for "best poster in" for some of the subforums.Also I would suggest to award the active member of no-post count section, as many (almost all) of us are posting for our site to be running and from this busy schedule if somebody finds time to see into no-post count section then his effort should be appreciated.

Also I would suggest to award the active member of no-post count section, as many (almost all) of us are posting for our site to be running and from this busy schedule if somebody finds time to see into no-post count section then his effort should be appreciated.

Suggested name for the most no-post count poster: Timewaster. ^-^

Although if you go by volume of posts, I'd likely win that.. *sheepish*

NigaiAmaiYume: Champion Timewaster!

Well, it's true. ^-^

ha^ you just want the creds :lol:i think that in gfx you need different catagories like 1 for sigs, 1 for templates and 1 for the other stuff, and maybe for the sig of the year have different types, like photo-manip, sprite, grunge like that.

Tonight is going to be the last night for suggesting categories. Hopefully by Sunday I'll have another post with a link for you to vote on which categories you think should be used. After a week or so voting on those nominations will start. If you think you have a category idea go ahead and post it... today is your last chance. Rack your brains :lol:

Yes, like last year the winners will be awarded hosting credits. I'm not going to give all the prizes out right now though until everything is straigtened out category wise. Those who are Non-Hosted will recieve the banner/signature from this week's SOTW. Hosted members will recieve both the credits and banner. If the non-hosted become hosted within 30 days of winning they will still recieve the credits.