xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mjay06

Ipb/firefox Problem

This has me a bit stumped, when using either of my Firefox versions (1.5 & 2.2) in here now it takes an age for the characters to appear when I type.I thought it may have been a plugin which was affecting things, but most of my the plugins for 1.5 dont work with 2.2 yet, so it cant be that as both versions have the same problem.I've cleared cache/cookies/clear all cookies set by this board, restarted twice - once in safe mode, but its still the same.It only happens on IPB forums, and only in the text entry box - not in the title/description boxes.Im now reduced to using Internet Explorer which apart from being generally rubbish works fine.Anyone got any ideas?

For starters, get the Opera browser till this problem is fixed.

As far as i can guess, it's a problem with Firefox 2.2; i've never had this problem with 1.5*. Since, i think 2.2 is still under development, there will be some issues. Quote from the Firefox website:

Please note that installing Firefox 2 RC 2 will overwrite your existing installation of Firefox.

Could be the new inline spell-check feature, though.

I just disabled every plugin I had installed in 1.5, & it seems to have cleared up the problem - now I just have to find out which one was causing it.The weird thing is that whichever one it was it must have been compatible with 2.2 aswell, as I was having the same problems with that version. Oddly though, 2.2 wasnt showing as having any plugins active.Tis a weird one thats for sure.

Edited by Mjay06 (see edit history)

I use the latest Firefox Portable 2.2. I have no problems in any other sites. Btw, you should try installing the no-script to inhibit other sites from running scripts to your browser and assign sites that you want to allow.It can be that. Try it. ^_~

From what I can make out it was this bbcode plug-in that was causing the problem.

Reading the comments on the download page from it, it would seem someone else has had problems using it on the recent releases of Firefox too, but it also messed up on 1.5 for me.

Maybe it was just conflicting with another plugin or something.

*Edit*

To save me making a new thread - does anyone know why I can no longer see images on ipb forums now?

I dont see signatures or staff icons (I just get 'ipb image', but I can see avatars. I've been into my controls & checked everything is set correctly there, but i'm having no luck.

Edited by Mjay06 (see edit history)