xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JaVe

Panda Software Stupid, now I cannot delete the registry

Ok, Here's my story:
I recently installed windows server 2003, I was on a quest to find a good antivirus, I thought, I'll try out panda. Sorry, it does not support windows server, only xp bla bla...Then finally I found F-secure, good for servers. BUT...I had to restart, everytime at the logon screen it's "failed to load some drivers" <--Not exactly but it sorta explains the error message, so I went to the event viewer and under 'system' there were 3 errors; Panda Process protection & ShlDrv, both belonging to Panda. So I say, 'Big deal', I use regseeker, find the registry entries, then I go to the registry and make an attempt at deleting them manually...ERRR, error deleting it says. No other program can delete em either, in safemode it won't work either. I've heard some relation to ShlDrv and errors that happens when you don't use an installer, well, it appears as if Panda pre-planted them on my pc and I hadn't even been able to fully install. I'll give a screenshot:

http://exs.cx/

Please, I'm member of another forum but have not found ONE solution, maybe a ms-dos command? Little errors piss me off the most!
Any solution which works will be rewarded with a nice piece of kilobyte-pie!

This is a problem i am not very aware of the solution for but i think you should go to each file in the folder and reset the values all to 0 or blank and then see if it will work, or make sure its not running in the background under processes.

VIA Safe mode go and delete all files in the system even pointing vaguely at panda software their deinstall program is very crappy to put it nicely and it doesn't remove anything and screws up your net connection. Then try to remove the keys from the registry via program called RegCleaner if that doesn't work almost always guaranteed the program HIJACK THIS should allow you to get rid of it. I had two instances of a similar problem one time it was because I had another virus program installed and it caused the conflict with panda that was on there and the 2nd time as much as I hate to say it I had to reformat but both times it was due to Panda. So worse case scenario your looking at a re-format if my above suggestions do not work. Good luck.

The values for the panda driver are already set to 0000, this is really annoying. Nothing in the processes. I checked for startup programs. Maybe i could delete the registry entries before i startup in command prompt...if so how? Is the registry stored in any specific folder? Maybe I could access it! Which file shows which drivers start up on boot?

I looked in the error log/event viewer: ShlDrv & PavProc failed to load. They are deleted from my pc, theyed normally be in/common files/panda software/... They keep trying to startup but theyre not there, that's the problem. Is there a file which shows which drivers startup? I know the msconfig to check which programs startup but cannot find any file where drivers startup! HELP!