xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Conver Divx Media Format To .avi

Ok, well i have two questions, and the first one is:If i am going to burn a Movie that i have on my computer to a DVD+R Disk so i can play it in a DVD player, does the video file need to be in a specific format? Or can it be good in AVI? Because say i have an AVI File on my desktop, and i want to write it to a DVD+R CD through my External DVD Writer, can i just open somthing like Nero and burn that AVI File to the DVD+R using their DVD Feature, or do i need to convert it to somthing else?Second Question:How do you convert DivX Media Format to .avi, or a format that i can use to write the video file to a DVD+R CDThird Question:If there is a special fromat that the file has to be in, can you provide a program to convert any format to the format it needs to be?Thanks for all the help if you give any :)

Umm...I thought it was DVD -R that played in DVD players. Most +R's I've run into are not as universal when it comes to being able to play in a DVD.Most of the time all you need is something that can burn DVD's. The file format usalling doesn't matter as long as its a movie type of clip. AVI's are normally the best quality, but take up the most space. I never have used Nero, but I normally use IDVD or Windows Movie Makers DVD Process to burn DVD's.I've never heard of DivX Media Format. The only program I have used to convert video files is Xilisoft Video Converter. I don't know if its freeware since I only use it where I work. However I don't think you need to convert it to AVI in order to burn it to a DVD. I guess it depends on your program you use to burn it to DVD. Most cases I have run into as long as you get the file into the program you can burn it.I maybe able to give you more information if my manager was here since we deal with issues like yours all the time where I work. Hope this may help some. :)

thank you for pointing out that it may only be DVD-R that plays in DVD players, because i am still capible of canceling my order and i just did so i can do some research on it and find out if it is true or not. @DivX Media Format, neither have I and am curious if this format is the reason that the TEsT DVD that i did a couple hours ago is the reason why it wont play in my DVD Player. I burnt a movie to the DVD+R CD and then put it in the DVD player and it said it was readin it, then said error, so i think it might be because of the Format it was written in, maybe it needs to be in a normal format like avi, mpeg etc..\that would be great if you could ask your manager :)Ive been looking around for a little bit now, and all i can find on DVD-R is on wikepedia, and it says that its supported by most DVD playersi cant find anything else, if anyone has any input on what format DVD players read, please post it here so i can buy the DVD Roms and get them shipped to me

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)