xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NigaiAmaiYume

Poems Made By Request Including short lines for sigs

Everyone here seems so willing to give their gorgeous artwork.

Me, I hate my drawing (Although I'm slowly recognizing this is due more to perfectionism that me being honestly HORRIBLE; I'm still only average, though.) and I've just started image modification, so sigs are still in the future.

But one thing I can do: WRITE! ^-^

So, here's my offer! You want something poetic written, PM me or drop a request in this topic. Replies will be given in the same manner, unless requested otherwise.

For my personal stuff, I tend towards a freeform style. However, I've experimented with formal styles (Including Sestinas and Haiku) with generally well recieved results, so I'm willing to work within requested guidelines! ^-^

Short (1-2 lines) can be requested if you want to have something to add to a sig. I'm not 100% great at quotes, per say, but I can be interestingly obsure. ^-^

My personal favorite is currently what I call "image poems", for lack of a better term. It's pretty much a parapragh of prose, but written in a poetic style, focusing on a specific image to describe a person, feeling, or thing. I'll include one below to let you see what I mean.

As for credit, I only ask that I be recognized on my longer works. Short stuff (defined by me) can be presented without reference to me, although it would be appriciated. I would PREFER you don't go saying you've created the shorter stuff, but I'm pretty much willing to give it up if you want it that bad. ^-^

I wonder if anyone will be interested in this... ^-^

An image poem for Koiugen, one of the main characters for my story Phoenix Flair, Dragon Descent. Not all image poems become a series of questions like this; it just suited Koiugen's longing and confusion.

Incidently, with some images changed, this could also work nicely for Deliruim of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. Might look into that version someday...

From Different Eyes

Who can say what is seen, when it is seen through different coloured eyes? For one cursed with eyes of blue and gold, can they ever see things as a normal person does? Burdened with things no other mortal can see, could they ever appriciate the ordinary sight of a stream, the flight of a bird? Or must they always see things with multiple meanings, see in the stream the caress of a lost lover, the bird the stolen freedom of power?

Do they see things differently, from each eye? A world long forgotten, a world yet to be destroyed? The glorious madness of a fire unrestrained, the bitter loneliness of a breeze that has been everywhere?

Can a girl with such a gift ever see beyond what lies within others? Can a girl with such ill favor ever see the truth within herself?

What do you see, from behind your mismatched eyes?