xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mtanonymous

Alienware Area51 M5500, Awwwww Yea! I just got a new aliensense area 51 mm500 laptop with some addons abou

I just got a new aliensense area 51 mm500 laptop :P with some addons about half a year ago but i got a defective cd drive.......has anyone else had this problem. i guess i have to buy a new drive because it had a problem that when you try to erase a cd rw it screws it all up and confuses everything :) . if anybody has this problem and has fixed it or have just heard of it...or if you had this problem and didnt know that it was a defective batch then tell me :) please.

My CD Drives stopped reading disks all together. I would suggest updating/installing your chipset drivers, that worked for me. I don't have any problems with them anymore. I know you can get chipset drivers from intel, make sure you download the right ones though.

Hey,Well ive re-installed my computer several times but no luck :( I can read DVDs thats about it.... i can also read bootable discs such as my restore disc and my win xp disc. I found the site on which i could get a new drive its someting like 125$ but i really dont feel like paying that much...i mean ive gone bout a month or 2 without it so i think i can manage till i havea bit more money and feel like getting one but i really wish there was another way to fix my problem. If there arte any more suggestions please speack up :lol:

Notice from jlhaslip:
Please do not sign-off your posts with your name. Use the Signature block for that purpose.Directions are in the Xisto Readme which you have already read, I assume.

too poor to get one of these, try upgrading your drive or rollback your drive, hope it helps! by the way, nice computer

Alienwares are nice, I have an Aurora 7500 desktop and I love it! Anyway.. just tell alienware that your cd drive is defective, and they should send you a new one, or maybe you could send the computer back to them so they can fix it. When i got mine, my monitor had a couple of scratches on it, so i emailed them, they sent me a free new one, and i sent my old one back.. so i suggest you just send an email or something.

sweet man my neighbor has one as well except i think it might be a differnt model. either way pretty cool gaming machine imo, I also hear lots of people who dont like Alienware, but at the same time i hear lots that do.. sopost some pics of it so we can see it...

My Alienware M500 is a brick.

It has weird screen problems and sometimes it won't even boot.

When I get it to finally boot.. Ocassionaly the screen will go black. The system will still be on, but I will have to look at a black screen and there's nothing I can do to get it to come back on.

This is my first Alienware; bought new back in 2006. And I'm pretty sure the Charger is screwed as well. It doesn't stay charged long and when the system is turned off the charge light doesn't even come on.

When it's charged fully, it will stay on for about an hour at best.. Then cut off and refuse to turn back on.

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords: m5500 bot problem