xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Small Plane/helicopter Crashed Into Manhattan Building

This has just been reported a few minutes ago right now all they know is that small aircraft hit the building no reports on any causulties and what not. Speculation is already mounting that it was either accident or a terrorist attack will kep you updated.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15223650/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

UPDATE 1. two people have been killed so far.
UPDATE 2. Sources say it was accident.
UPDATE 3. Fighter jets are in the air as we speak.
UPDATE 4. Stock market lost only 70 points but since nearly recovered it.
UPDATE 5. NY Yankees player Cory Lidle was in the plane that crashed

Sounds like a real accident this time to me. A terrorist wouldn't waste their time on a condo complex, even if it was a valuable one (some rooms cost over 1 million dollars, according to Yahoo News).Funny that this hasn't hit Google News yet (as of the moment I'm writing this).

just found out that NY Yankees player Cory Lidle was in the plane that crashed, this was reported a few minutes ago.

He was actually the pilot of the plane, and the only one onboard. They are reporting that 3 other people have died and several others have been injured.

Reported now that only 2 people were aboard and he was most likely the pilot since the plane is registered to him. His passport was found on the ground beneath the wreckage.

That's what you get for being a Yankee! But seriously, I think it was just an accident and no need for the US to feak out. Even though if you do mix around the date 10/11/06, you can get 9/11, that is still a stretch. Accidents happen and it's sad to see.

I don't think anyone believes this is a terrorist attack. I mean why would the guy want to kill himself anyway? I could make a crack about the Yankees but will refrain. It could have been worse but I feel bad for the guy. I'm sure he has a lot of friends and family that are going to miss him, same with the others that were killed. Ironic though how it was about 5 miles from the world trade center.

It hit the 20th floor of a 50 floor building. What was an aircraft doing that low in newyork. Also the day beore he said he loved flying and had gotten a liencse. He may have been flying it though he was supposily in route to california. It seems odd how low they were flying. I will correct you there were 2 people on board. And they have now found him dead. His passport was on a side walk below.

UPDATED: The plane sent a distress call before the crash. THis is how i knew these.

http://my.xfinity.com/news/

Edited by tractor (see edit history)

actually it was the 30 and 31st floor and the FBI, CIA and any else involved said it was an accident and not a terrorist attack although I remember something quite funny homeland security never responded the moment it happen.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/10/11/small-plane-crashes-into-new-york-city-high-rise-killing-yankees-pitcher-cory.html

goes into more detail about the whole situation

Mine gets updated more. Homeland security is on the site. And yes airport officaials said it sent a distress call. Also that there were 2 people on the plane when it left. The plane was owned by the NY pitcher. Also it was only in the air 15 minutes before it crashed. It never went off course it was flying a regular pattern. 21 fire fighters have went to the hospital. AFter NYY got elimnated he cleaned out his locker and talked about his intrest in flying. The plane sent a distress call saying it had engein problems. But officials say the plane had a parachute in witch if you can't land you can float gently down.UPDATE: the plane was flying for sightseeing over the statue of lierty.

i heard about this when i got home, but all it said on the TV for it was that it was a fire in an apartment, so I changed the channel. A friend told me a little later that a plane crashed into a building and I realized thats what it was. Its just really amazing that more people weren't killed.

There might be more people killed they havn't searched the whole building yet. They have praticly confirmed the the NYY pitcher is dead. :) sad he was a good pitcher. There looking into why it crashed the other other person aboard was a flight instructor.