xisto Community
Hadi

Is WoW's 10 Days Free-trial A Scam?!

I was surfing today, and I opened the World of Warcraft community site, so I saw this:''WoW 10 day free trial'' So I thought I should take a look, they said I must sign up for a free account for file planet, something like this anyway a signed up for an account and the next page is about copying a code that appears in an image, into a small box, to prevent automated registration, there is a small note beneath, saying that if the image said ''invalid code'' then this means that your firewell or anti-spyware is blocking the image for loading correctely. So I lowered my security level tothe minimum, but it always said, Invalid Code. So I thought it is definitely a scam.Can anyone please try to sign up for a free trial and tell me if you bypassed this Invalid Code webpage?Thank you.

the 10 day free trial is legit, but it only comes when you buy the game. so you get 10 days to try the game out then after that if you like it, you pay for it, and if you dont like it you sell the CD's on Ebay, or you return it to the store you got it from. I wouldn't suggest getting this from that site, just go out and buy the program for the 35 bucks that it is, and if you dont like it return it :)

The trial isn't worth it, but the game is. I have Collector's Edition, so I shouldn't be talking, but I don't like giving game passes to people. It's absolutely stupid, I feel. You end up buying an account anyway :)

Do you have to pay monthly? Or it's like HL which you buy the game CD and then you have a CD-KEY which let's you play as long as you want to? Because if you have to buy the CD and then pay monthly, you should better put your hands up because they are robbering you! =D

you do have to pay monthly... After you buy the game you play a monthly feeMonthly fee is 14.99Tri-monthly is 38.97Bi-Monthly is 27.98

No, it's like this:Monthly: $14.99/monthQuarter-annually (every 3 months): $13.99/monthBiannually (every 6 months): $12.99/monthNaturally, the 6-month plan is the cheapest.

Edited by biscuitrat (see edit history)

Do you have to pay monthly? Or it's like HL which you buy the game CD and then you have a CD-KEY which let's you play as long as you want to? Because if you have to buy the CD and then pay monthly, you should better put your hands up because they are robbering you! =D

hey dont dis it till youve tried it

Yes, it's a lovely game. Addictive, but so much fun.

Thank you guys, ofr telling what's the problem, I played WoW from couple of years so I got addicted. But then I thought that I am paying money to see some images, and I will win nothing just loosing time so I quitted. But know I have lots of studies to do.And Albus it is your country that is sold for 35$ here you can multiply the price by 3 sometimes by 6 I bought WoW for 150$ They are taxes over taxes but who cares?!

I used my friend's 10 day trial before i got wow. You get 1 or 2 disks when you buy the game that you can give to other people for a trial. Just buy the trial from a shop or get it off a friend. Or else its something like a 2gb download lol.

the 10 days trail you're talking about is a small ticket in the package of the game,it is used to make you're friends playing WoW to,so it says you have to lend him you're CD's and give him that code, then he can play for 10 daysI would do that from a friend, but i couldn't wait till vacation to use my 10 days, so i just bought the game (including a 2 months pre-paid card) and now i have an extra free month ^^

I think the point of the 10 day trail is to get you to buy the game, and then try it, then either get addicted to it, so you have to keep it, or so you forget to return the game within the 10 days and are stuck with it :lol:

The trial is legit, but considering the recent controversies of "gold farmer" spammers using the CDs. I wouldnt be suprised if tighter controls come over the trial WoW CDs. I agree that WoW can get addictive somewhat when levelling up.

To me a 10 day trial on this game is just long enough to see how you like the game. I enjoyed it when I played. The great part is that if you get tierd of just questing and killing monsters you can go fight the opposing nation. Which was my favorit part. To bad I can't afford to play it anymore.