xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HMN

Rap Or Rock: U Choose

RAP or ROCK  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

perosnally i like rap better i mean i cant deal wit ppl screming into a mic for to long. i like muzik that i can dance to or just bump to u know but rock ppl have to jump and get all out of control and stuff man its to much work lol. and besides i have to focus hard trying to listen becuz i cant uderstand all of the screaming.

I prefer rock more!! it rulez in its own way. I like heavy metal, bands like Linkin Park, KoRn Slipknot, Slayer, Metallica, Cradle of Filth hehee........ Yup Rock rulez by far!!

Not all rock music has screaming in it :) In my opinion rock music is more diverse, and shows more variety in the sound. Furthermore, it isn't the most important reason, but I like the clothing and looks in general of rock artists better. Especially Japanese rockers often wear beautiful make-up, hairstyles and such, it's more 'artsy' than the looks of rappers.

Rock, I just feel that its more diverse in many different ways. You can listen to indie, metal, 'old/classic' rock (I don't enjoy this one too much, but many do), punk, etc, and they all have their distinguishing qualities... maybe it is just me but the little rap I have heard all sounds fairly similar, it seems like a narrower genre.

Damn I love rock!!! especially Punk Rock.. but i like all the rock subgenresI hate Rap cause all of those songs are related to almost the same.. being the best, money, women and all of that kind of stuff rapers say the have and that they control everything... bah.. its like if they think they would be the most amazing person in the world. Also the Rapers wear lots of jewels like if that would make 'em better than any other singer, i hate that a lot.By the other way, the Rock have songs that tells you about how the life roles, and tell you the truth. Thats what i like of it. The only thing i dont like of a subgenre of Rock is the hard screaming like many Death Metal bands do.

You can't spell crap without rap. To me, rap is just a bunch of people talking fast and adding a catchy beat to it. Rock is more smooth in a way and doesn't come out and attack you like rap if you know what I mean.

well i wanna see if u can make a 3 minute song about 1 topic that stays on topic and it has to flow with the beat and ryme. not meny ppl can do it. if u really look at it rap is like poetry with a beat to it. take any poem that rymes and i bet u can put a beat and sing it to the beat

Rock is just as meaning full... Rather than just words that rhyme and a beat there is 2 guitarists a drummer and a bassist in most rock banksI my self prefer the darker side of rock and alternative metal ie: Avenged Sevenfold, Mudvayne and things in that Genre along with System of a down and coheed and cambriaMost people would say that it gives them a headache or it hurts their ears but it is what lulls me to sleep every night. Im not trying to put down rap or anything, b/c i do like certain songs and certain rappers but its not one of those things i dont like the 'genre' ... But any song, rhymes, and you could take any song and put it to the right beat and it would be a rap song...

how would dat be. im order for it to be a rap song it has to have metaphors. rap is all aboout metaphors and how well u can ryme. now dont get me wrong there are some songs that are just about nothing. but some songs are meaningful like hte song changes by 2pac or juciy by Biggie smallsalso am i the only on here who thinks that rock bands need to come up with better names. the worst name that i have heard so far is "The Who"who names there band the who i mean its like 6 guys and there called the who. if it was one person ok but 5-6 guys.

Rock is by far better, ive never really understood rap music, obviously theres talents involved but i couldnt leisten to it for any length of time. although i dont hate it i dont usually listen to metal, anything by floyd or zeppelin is briliant, in some songs the lyrics are really meaningful, and with zeppelin you really get a complete bend, they are some of the most telented performers of all time, while floyds recordings are second to none when you just need to relax.

I would definitely choose Rock over Rap. I just don't like the current Rap songs in general, although there are some rap songs which I like. I think these days, rap songs are abt nothing but women and sex. And mind you, there are kids as young as 8 years old watching MTV, and these type of songs are definitely not something to influence them at such a young age. It would be much better if these rap artists rapped about something more meaningful instead of sex and women.

I really like both, and especially when they are combined. It rules, too bad its kind of dead lately. The rap metal era ended in the early 2000. Some awesome songs that represent the combination of both are like cypress hills song named trouble, limp bizkit "nookie", and this list could go on and on. Good music.Oh, Im the only voter for both so far. :) Oh well, if your are thinking I dont know much about music, ill have you know that its my favorite hobby, and I like experimenting with every genre I have ever heard of. So you wont ever see me limited to 1 or 2 or 20 genres and styles of music. I can hear and appreciate it all, although some more than others.

Edited by FLaKes (see edit history)

First of all, I don't like these versus questions...I find it a bit unethical and nonsensical to make people choose one of two things, especially when opinions are different for each man and one's opinion doesn't affect the other ones.Now, someone wrote..."And mind you, there are kids as young as 8 years old watching MTV, and these type of songs are definitely not something to influence them at such a young age. It would be much better if these rap artists rapped about something more meaningful instead of sex and women."This is a typical opinion if you have only heard mainstream rap. It's also quite logical cause mostly these rap songs are bought and heavy-played by the tv...Being a reviewer of and for rap music, I can gurantee you there are many cd's which have many things "to say" apart from sex, drugs and women (which reminds me of rock'n'roll and its counterpart...rock...)..The only thing is...you have to search and discover a genre to be able to criticise it...But that's just ...my opinion.