xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cool_Freaker

Dream I should cut back on games eh?

Had a dream last night. I was riding on a train, then stopped and met this red guy on at the station. Me and my three friends got off, and the red man turned into a Octopus! He looked like Kraken from FFI was it? Anyway, after casting reflect on ourselves and attacking, we managed to reflect a napalm from Chrono Trigger and won the fight. Unfortunately, an imp appeared from Secret of Mana, and kidnapped Nina! (From Breath of Fire) But we still own the fight and I got my reward, a new keyblade, and we went to search for Nina.These dreams ever come to you guys?

I know I'm officially "in" to something when I start dreaming about it. My dreams tend to go in the same directions yours does (Step 1 and 2 make sense together, and Step 2 and 3 make sense, but you really don't get how you got to Step 3 from 1... o_O) but I can generally figure out what inspired important sections.

On the other hand, I'm not always SURE why the dream is inspired by the material. My best example is wandering around this quasi-haunted house kinda RPG style - which I KNOW is inspired by Phil Folio's Girl Genius, but for the life of me I can't figure out HOW.

I guess that's what I get for being an Obsessive-Compulsive Gamer/Reader/Writer. ^-^

Edited by NigaiAmaiYume (see edit history)

Thats the thing with dreams, it's mix of memory and other stuff. They could be great or they could be horrible. For me I can some how continue a previous dream don't ask me how I just do. Most of my dreams are like movie they get very specific by then they won't stop till it end.Their was another post about dreams from awhile back in which i mention the weirdest dream I have ever had.It happen on x-mas eve 2 days before the Big tsunami in 2004, I was in this in this mideval church made out of stone It was dark only lit by cnadles. I was praying in front of an alter with this huge picture of Jesus there. Then all of suddenly a huge earthquake begins and the church is falling apart people are screaming trying to get out and the ground is opening up, with fire spreading across all parts of the church. While trying to get out I happen to by chance I looked up at the picture I saw him smiling and then he was gone all I saw was a blank picture and I was like what the (put the word in here). Then I woke up like 20-30 minutes before we went to xmas church service completely scared out of my mind, not knowing what to think about that dream.Then the tsunami happen and I was like WHOA!!!!doctors and Scientists say theirs always a meaning to these dreams how ever subtle it maybe.

I know I'm officially "in" to something when I start dreaming about it. . .but I can generally figure out what inspired important sections.

That's not really how it is for me. My dreams are completely and entirely crazy most of the time, there are only some (I have very few that I can remember having by morning. Usually my memory of dreams are that of black short nights that end quickly. Those that aren't crazy are very few.) that are good, though they usually have the crazy twist to them. I can rarely connect the crazy ones to anything that might have spawned them into being in my twisted brain. I think this might be because my brain bounces so much in reality anyway, that it's probably like that when I'm asleep. It doesn't quit jumping and things get as confused as they do when I'm just sitting somewhere in a daze and even when I'm trying to think of five things at once. :)

Thats the thing with dreams, it's mix of memory and other stuff. They could be great or they could be horrible. For me I can some how continue a previous dream don't ask me how I just do. Most of my dreams are like movie they get very specific by then they won't stop till it end.
doctors and Scientists say theirs always a meaning to these dreams how ever subtle it maybe.

I do agree with the Scientists though in some cases, it's just hard to tell whether the case is that or not. There are plenty of stories in the Bible of which dreams would be crazy and then have real life meaning. Thing is, there's so many people who have dreams, and no such prophets. But I'm not going to go into dreams. I just like to think of them as something I don't have to deal with much, and when I do I usually try to put them out of my memory (which doesn't take long, I can hardly remember them past various points of time unless they were really far out and reason to stick in my brain. I've got one I can remember that I had when I was eight and I'm seventeen now!) unless their good which they end up dissappearing from existance anyway. *Sigh* Only two have stuck in my mind really, one from when I was seven and the other more that of fourteen. :)

On the topic of dreams, I have to say, that Freud is full of confirmation biases. Everytime a person tells of a dream, Freud willalways diagnose it as the same thing! If it is not as he predicted, he will say that he is still right, and the uh, don't know if it is appropriate on the boards, but the object in question simply manifested itself in another similar object. See, now that didn't make much sense.

One of my psych textbooks had this quote in it, and I can't seem to find who to attribute it to. But it makes so much sense, the more you study about Freud:

Freud mistook a mirror for a window.

The basici idea is that Freud, in his research, found a lot of things that were true for him. Instead of assuming they were unique to his experiences, he attributed them to all people. (BIG simplification, but you get the idea)

Case in point, Oedipus Complex. Pretty much perfectly describes his OWN relationship with his mother and father.

On the other hand, another quote from a different text., paraphrased due to memory...

Freud was obsessed with what was taboo. In the Victorian era, that was sex. If he were theorizing today, he would be concerned with spirituality [or similar themes uncomfortable for modern society].

That's just to be fair, though. IMHO, Freud was a perv that messed things up - including with his own patients, literally - ten times more often than he was correct.

Sorry if this got off topic; Freud's a pet peeve of mine. ^-^

Dreams are really cool. I have realized that now that I am writing on notes all that I remember from my dreams, I tend to have more and more, and I even remember them more completely than I used to. This past week I wrote down 4. Which is a lot better than probably the 5 I had in a whole year. I would like to wake up in my dreams but that takes a lot more practice, but soon I will get there.

mostly i dont have dreams at all, but i remember that one time, when i dreamt of PC games. it was quite a long time ago, too, just when diablo 1 was released, and i dreamt of world that is shown in the movie at the beginning of the game(crows eating people, hanged people and stuff), and how i went into hell and i saw diablo(as he is seen at the beginnig, in hot lava) and i must admit that i have woken up shocked, because evrithing looked so real....the other time i dreamt of silent hill, i wasnt doing anything there, i was just there, walking around in that creepy silent hill atmosphere, looking for something(dont remember what at all)...

There is a Warcraft map called DotA, or Defense of the Ancients. One of a hero's skills there was Hoof Stomp (stuns all enemies in an area around you). I'm not sure about the other dreams but I often end up "stomping" my feet into thin air. I once also dreamt someone witnessing a booboo of mine so I walked up to the guy and "stomped" to stun him (and kill him, as well)Then, there was another hero with the skill Suicide Squad (kamikaze attack, deals massive damage at the cost of your life). I switched to that hero and...:)I also dreamt of some cliche elements. Locked doors, puzzles, keys, crates and treasure chests? Teleport spells, anyone? :)

Had a dream last night. I was riding on a train, then stopped and met this red guy on at the station. Me and my three friends got off, and the red man turned into a Octopus! He looked like Kraken from FFI was it? Anyway, after casting reflect on ourselves and attacking, we managed to reflect a napalm from Chrono Trigger and won the fight. Unfortunately, an imp appeared from Secret of Mana, and kidnapped Nina! (From Breath of Fire) But we still own the fight and I got my reward, a new keyblade, and we went to search for Nina.
These dreams ever come to you guys?

all of my dreams since when i borned up to now were and are meaningless!
i never can collect what i saw last night! so how can you do it?:):) lol