xisto Community
elrohir

Software To Help Control A Network?

In school we have this system that lets the teacher monitor all the screens, and he can control our computers and stuff. He can also give us little pop up messages, like stop playing that game, and lock our screens. Is there anyone who knows what kind of program that would be? All I want to do is scare the hell outta my little bro once in a while when he really pisses me off, since we have the network all set up and all. I'm not going to use it for anything bad, just toying with my little bro :)So, is there anyone who has an idea what kind of software might do this kind of thing?-E

There are several for school :
Net op School .
Pc Duo

But for this you have to install it on both computers (server and client).

If you just want it on 2 computers you can also use vnc.
This software is free and easy to install but has less features then the 2 programs above.
Vnc is more remotely working on another PC. https://www.realvnc.com/

There's also another one called Ranger Remote Control Client, they use it at school, I hate it!! :) I got caught logging in to other accounts, fiddling with documents and hacking from school, mostly hacking the school servers, printer and otherwise. :P

It was fun at the time though! :)

Edited by keri-j (see edit history)

NetOp School is really powerful - you can do remote control stuff, give quizzes to studets, create policies to prevent certain programs from being launched (and other things), shut down computers remotely, lock screens (displaying a specified image or web page if you'd like), and tons of other stuff I don't even remember. I know all this since my computer teacher last year used it, and did all sorts of crazy yet useful stuff with it.And no I didn't copy/paste a single word in this post.