xisto Community
michaelper22

Microsoft Support

Last night I called Microsoft to get help with my wireless mouse (http://forums.xisto.com/topic/34121-microsoft-wireless-optical-mouse-5000-comfortable-and-a-joy-to-use/, which is, or was rather, excellent, until it started behaving poorly), and had the best experience with support ever (although this was a simple case). First I called 1-800-MICROSOFT (thanks to Maine_Fishing45 for the number), and got a nice woman who opened a case for me. Then I was transferredto an Asian-sounding man, who was nevertheless understandable understandable, who diagnosed the problem, and determined I should request a replacement. He told me to call the Product replacement hotline, which was also toll free. The lady there was also nice, and I am now being hipped a FREE replacement mouse. All that was toll free, and without hassle. Compare that to Dell (http://forums.xisto.com/topic/37922-dell-tech-support-i-just-needed-a-small-bit-of-info/).

Well dell isn't that bad, they helped me get my laptop to connect to my network instead of just detect it. I wasn't charged either. Lol but I can't comment on MS because I've never had a problem concerning them :)

I had a great experience to, well my dad did. our computer stopped wanting to log into users, couldn't even go into safe mmode and then the guy from miicrosoft talked us step by step to help save all the files in a new directory then the whole drive (appart from the directory we just created) was formatted, genius!. even though all the software drivers needed to be re-installed. Dell well i haven't seem to have any trouble with them.

Wow. Thats strange to heard ANYTHING good about Microsoft. Usually "Microsoft support" would fall into thew oxymoron category, including, but not limited too, Microsoft Help, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, Microsoft Security, and Microsoft Virus Protection. Ahahha. i hate ms. Go linux! All the way!

Edited by cemeteryrecords (see edit history)

Dear friend now a days the customer care support plays the biggest role in the success of companys into electronics field. If they are really supportive then its the high time for the company in turn I should say.?

Did that actually happen? Or you are working for Microsoft and telling us their support service is great? jk :)

To add to the subject, how can they be not helpful? You buy your products from them, why shouldn't they service you? Just try contacting them if you want to erase Windows, and see how badly they would react and ask you why do you want to remove it (just a probability, but it can happen just like with AOL).

Escape from Microsoft, migrate to GNU/Linux :)

The reason you probably got such good help from Microsoftwas because you bought something that they couldn'tput a license on.lol. MIcrosoft try to force blood out of people.I'm really thinkingof giving the linux operating system a try. I mean,after Windows xp has been installed 25 times youcan no longer activate it online but only by telephone.It's almost like you have to grovel to keep usingsomething that you've paid them for.Something thatwas very expensive to begin with.I'll be reading up on Linux.

Personally I've never had good customer support from microsoft but the last time I called them about a problem was quite a while ago (a couple of years) with my Windows install when I bought my laptop. Windows XP came preinstalled but it was apparently not valid? (strange...) They weren't very helpful, it turned into a blame game between Microsoft and Sony (since I have a sony vaio laptop)Good to hear that they've improved since then though :)Hopefully it's not a one off~

Edited by y4nzi (see edit history)

The only times I have had to call microsoft was when my Windows Key needed to be activated and most of the time I was able to get the problem solved. Microsoft has, to my best knowledge the best track record of customer support. They are needed to be kept that way so as to maintain the name they have made for themselves.

The only times I have had to call microsoft was when my Windows Key needed to be activated and most of the time I was able to get the problem solved. Microsoft has, to my best knowledge the best track record of customer support. They are needed to be kept that way so as to maintain the name they have made for themselves.

The only time I've ever called them was for my Office XP activation, and they helped me fast as well.

I think that the reason that they have such good customer support is because their products have so many issues that they have no other choice but to provide the support to fix all of the issues that they're causing, :P.

Is anyone else having a problem with XP (home)version and IE Version8Microsoft Support

I am wondering if anyone else is having  issues with the new version of Internet Explorer 8 and Windows XP ? I called the 800 number and it was an automated line. I could get not get past "what do you want" just "say what you want" statement. It is difficult to get a new version and have it nearly crash two computers nearly at the same time. All was well until I had a Web Browser that does not offer a "No Thanks" for the Internet Explorer 8 version. I don't want it. It has bugs!  Please work them out before you interfere with no problem Internet Version 7.

Joy

The reason you probably got such good help from Microsoftwas because you bought something that they couldn't
put a license on.lol.
MIcrosoft try to force blood out of people.I'm really thinking
of giving the linux operating system a try.
I mean,after Windows xp has been installed 25 times you
can no longer activate it online but only by telephone.
It's almost like you have to grovel to keep using
something that you've paid them for.Something that
was very expensive to begin with.
I'll be reading up on Linux.

Yes, you should. Unless you know that all of your equipment will work with it, don't switch to it because you may not have internet access (happened to me until i bought a new card). By the way if you need a compatible internet card, try the Belkin F5D7050. Its only $30, and it uses a Ralink chipset which both supports Mac and Linux (out of the box support).

well it's a good thing that you got you problem solved soon but yours is just one case compared to the many others who didn't! Well I may sound like one of the many Microsoft bashers but it' a fact that there are indeed very little good things to say about MS and a whole lot of bad things! Why do you think your call got transfered to Asia? Yes that's the magic of outsourcing, but that's also because there's a large amount of call volume coming in, with people getting into problems with everything related to MS! They want a bite out of every apple and end up making products which fail to live up to expectations and ruin many happy days! Honestly, if MS just put everything aside and concentrated on making Windows virus-proof, it would be the best decision they ever took.