xisto Community
crazyteens

Yet Another Virus Problem

I borrowed a pen drive from my fren to copy some files in my comp. then after my comp has turned into some crap...in the tools option folder options is missing...my computer shut downs atomatically whenever i run cmd or regeditmy anti virus(norton internet security) detects it but fails to clean it or delete it.while tryin to do so it reboots.please tell me about how to solve the problemn also about how to view hidden files n end the process of a running programby another process.

Can't you go back to one of the latest 'restore points' You can find this option in the menu 'help and support'.There you select 'Undo changes to your computer with System Restore'Normally when you go back a few days , all changes to the registry are restored.If you have installed some programms and /or hardware it will be removed also.So take some of the last restore points so you loose as less as possible.

I find it extremely strange that a mere copying of files from your friend's thumb drive would result in your computer getting a crash. I highly suspect your friend's files may have contained a virus of some sort. Why don't you use Norton Anti Virus instead of Norton Internet Security?Correct me if I am wrong, Norton Anti Virus scans your computer for viruses while Norton Internet Security checks against potential threats coming into your computer from the internet domain? The system restore is a good solution by kdr__98 but the problem with this option is that us; me included do not set any restore points. But I could be wrong about you :)

What is the error message they gave you?I am sure there would be details given to you when an error has occurred? The diagnosis would be able to point out where the problem exactly is coming from. Be it the system ... etc

I say the same thing to everyone who has viri that act like this. Download avast anti-virus for free, (google it). Install it but dont run an anti-virus scan yet!The chances are it wont let you anyway and it might just cause you more annoyance with crashes/reboots etc... instead click "file" (if using the simple user interface that looks like a CD player control clikc the button with the eject symbol to bring up this menu. ) Then schedule a boot time scan and reboot. during boot up avast will kick in and search the hard drive while no other programs are running so hopefully catch the virus while its sleeping. This should almost definately work! and also as said internet security is a firewall that blocks threats not get rid of them so try the software suggested or keep avast!Now to end a proccess its pretty simple. PRess ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager, then click the "proccesses" tab and find the process you want to kill then hit the delete key or click "end proccess". be careful though! killing the wrong things will crash your PC and maybe cause it to shut down. Its unlikely to kill your pc but its always possible. Just know what youre killing before you kill it becaue it literally does that, it doesnt say "im going to end you proccess so save your stuff and be gone" it just kills it no matter what its doing so can cause problems sometimes. as for hidden files its pretty simple too, click the tools>options menu in any folder then the "view" tab and then select the box that says "show hidden and system files" Any files that were previously hidden will now be slightly transparent so you can tell. ITs normally best not to delete hidden files as they are normally hidden for a reason! by the sound of things i guess you were planning on taking it down manually? IF so just be carefull what you destroy! and if possible put the files in question into a ZIP file as this will stop them working but make them very easy to restore!

Please try norman virus control, may be this is Rontokbro virus, Its come from my country. Or, is there a file named like the parent folder name!!!Please send your virus sample to me via kikyo.fans@gmail.comI am wait your packet crazyteens