xisto Community
squeaky

Helpdesk Removed?

I was wondering why the helpdesk has been removed as shown at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ I really liked that I could check whether the server is rebooting/down or the problems is me. If possible, are there any ways to view server infomations like such. Is the helpdesk going to be readded or updated or some sort? I hope for it back!

hi , i Agree squeaky , xisto.com helpdesk is very good script , we use it . its very fast and show all servers info !why remove helpdesk ? what is that script name ! its really nice helpdesk script . we are use fast i hope admin return helpdeskthanks

Yes, I hope so, too. It's very handy to have a quick way to know that when there is a problem with your SQL (like i am having now) that it's not just you, but the server. I was in the middle of changing my site when I got the message that the sql was down. I don't know if it's something i did or not. Hold on- there is a link in your cpanel that shows the server status, but that's not very useful when you can't get into your cpanel.

I know, where has Mr. Helpful Helpdesk gone, he was a life saver, we need him back or a new and improved Mr and Mrs HelpdeskBrandice, the SQL on my site seems to be working fine, fortunately and unfortunately :S

There is an option to check the server status on the Cpanel Home page.It is a clickable link at the bottom of the 'specs' column listing the version numbers of the available softwares / utilities. It lists the server status of the "Hosting" server only, not the server the Xisto Forums are on. (they are on different servers, I think)Of course, if you can't get to the Cpanel, then that 'll tell you something.

Actually, I have never seen the helpdesk show any of the server status as down(except tha beta ones I guess) and maybe its that Xisto server are just too good! The ones to check the server status at the cpanel serve no purpose if you can't even access it... For my case, I sometimes don't even know if the server is down since my internet connection seems to have conflict with all Xisto hosted forums... Sometimes all the Xisto hosted sites are unaccessible by me, so I'll take a look at the helpdesk to see if the server is down, but it shows the server is up so it is my isp that's troubling me again... :)Maybe a server status script should at least place up somewhere on xisto site...