xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Webber

Biking Trail Biking, Mountain Biking And Urban Freestyle...

Hey, well, I haven't seen it included often in this section as a sport, so I just want to quickly start a little debate between the bikers of Trap 17. I just wanted to know what style of biking you like, and why you do it. Also, what type of bike to you prefer. I myself am a down hill racer. I can't think of what is better to do than race off one big **bottom** mud slope down steep slopes over rocky ground and stiff banks. It's just so adreniline pased. It's so fast and explosive, and also so dangerous. I just love it. I love getting to the bottom, and sliding your bike to a stop, taking off your helmet and turning to the mountain you've just mastered and thinking ' I just came down that at 40 mph on 2 wheels. ' For me, nothing beats it. I also enjoy, and this is gonna sound crazy, but I really do enjoy coming off my bike. I don't mind (sometimes) sliding off my bike and bouncing across a muddy puddle, becoming soaking wet and slighty bruised. It gives it that little hardcore element, and reminds you just how dangerous it is. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing better than coming home soaking in mud, aching and bruised, slighty cut after just spending an entire day conquering an extreme down hill trail. It's awesome, and I wouldn't change the types of bikes for my life... So what about you.. what do you guys prefer?Sean.

Dear all,This thread will be devoted to biking. I love biking, and maybe you do to? If you like mountain biking, dirt jumping, freeride, BMX or trials - you can talk about it here.I enjoy biking, it's become my sort of hobbie. I go to places with my friends (usually 6 people on bikes) and basically carry spades and create jumps and ramps. We then grab a camera and it's Bikes, Camera, Action! I have a site that isn't up yet (due to no web designers etc) but I have bought a domain which allroundbiking.co.uk and my host is of course; Xisto (which is a great host because it provides nameservers, so instead of having arbd.trap17.com/index it's allround.co.uk/index).Enough about that! I'm not a person that goes and buys real bad quality bikes that cost ?40 - ?100 (no offense to people who do, it just matters how much you want to spend). If you are going to buy a nice bike, I wouldn't go buying a ?500 bike because it looks cool. You should buy a bike that has a good-looking frame that suits you and then just make it your own! Buy new gears, chain, forks, brakes, saddles, handlebars, grips etc. You want to make it original. If you want, you can get a plain cheap frame and spray it yourself by searching bike paint on Google. That will make it extremely original! You can also buy bike stickers to make your bike look even more nice.I personally bought a 300 pound bike, called the Diamondback s20. I am now changing the suspension forks to Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pro 2006's and buying disc brakes and a dirt jump saddle. I will also consider buying paint and handlebars. I'm turning my mountain bike into a dirt jump/freeride bike, that is up for any conditions.So, enough about me and more about you! Post links of decent biking sites and biking products, your bike pictures, specifications and your wishlists and what you want to do with your bike. If you love bikes and want to boast, feel free!

Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged two very similar topics that were both listed on the Most Recent Topics list together.Please search the forum before poting new topics. Thanks.
Notice from jlhaslip:
Also, please do not add your 'name' to the bottom of posts. Use the signature Block in your Profile to include information. There is a pinned topic about how to do that.