xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bkag

Obtaining An Abandoned Domain I need it

Hi everyone, i have a question, there is a domain i would like to buy, someone has it registered and isn't up for renewal untill may 2008, the domain used to point to a forum hosted on forums vibe but now since the domain has been abandoned it just re directs to the forums vibe main page.

I looked up the domain on whois and the owner has opted out but i found that the domain is registered with 123reg. I have contacted them telling you what i have told you and this is the response:

Hi,
Thank you for your recent email, I have just checked this domain name and it is registered to someone, we can not provide any information on purchasing this account until it is made available to the public.

How can i get this domain????

i wouls suggest aquiring the owners address and writing them a letter asking them about the un-used domain and possibly giving then your e-mail, and asking for one back?

If you dont know how to get their address follow this, i PM'd jlhaslip to see if it is appropriatr to put on here and he said yes as far as he knows, so i am going to post it.

Go to https://www.1and1.com/

Search for the domain in which you want to obtain

if it shows that it is allready taken toggle, I own this domain

then it should take you to a new page and click on the button that says 'Transfer of registrar'

then another page should show up that shows the users details, like address, and buisness name. SImply write them a letter, and give them your e-mail address if you wish and hope they respond. if it is a UK domain, you can go to the UK 1and1 site which is https://www.1and1.co.uk/ and follow the same steps!

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

wow^ i never knew that that stuff is public. i always wanted to know how to do that :). thankyou very much!i think websites like that shouldn't be allowed though.... i mean if you want your info displayed you put it up on the website. your address basically becomes public information? thats just scary ......

Edited by randomdood (see edit history)

Ok here is an update, i still havnt got the domain or any further, AlbusD had a method but unfortunately it did not work this time :)123Reg arnt willing to help, the only other way would be through Sedo but that would cost me $60 and i dont want to do that :PAnybody else have any methods?