xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZPGames

Need Help Blending Logo

I am currently redesigning my site, I just created the logo for my forums. The background and logo both have the same HEX codes but they came out different colors. I saved it in a PNG 24 format so there was no color change due to GIF. Does anybody know what causes this and how I can stop.

Posted Image

My forums are right here

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

i am looking at your forums right now, and it looks to me that the logo and the logo background blends perfectly... here is a screenshot sized down are you running an early version of windows? like 95, 98, or ME? because i have the same problem with a friend who looks at my site, i see perfectly blended and he see's two seperate colors... could be because of an old system and they are just weird?

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

I see you're using MSIE7. If i'm not mistaken, IE can't handle everything that PNGs are capable of. I think it was something about gamma correction.

I use IE7 for web editing most of the time because of the tabbed browsing. I could use Firefox but then I don't know if my site would show up right on IE, I have IE6 on my other computer to check for compatibility, so IE in general has gamma correction issues. What were those IE developers doing, ok, I can't start ranting on IE, they did a better job on a browser then I can. I have XP on both computers and no internet access on my oldest computer. I guess this is just my computer lashing out at me. It has emotional issues I guess.

Edited by ZPGames (see edit history)