xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dedesigns

Search Engine Optimization Tools

Hi All,I'm looking for some tools or any tricks for the SEO.. I have studied many things online about google search rank, page rank .. and all but all goes from above my head :) can anyone tell me in simple way how I can bring my site in at least top 20-30 in google if not in top 10 thanksdedesigns

Notice from jlhaslip:
Edit typo

Hi All,

I'm looking for some tools or any tricks for the SEO.. I have studied many things online about google search rank, page rank .. and all but all goes from above my head :P

can anyone tell me in simple way how I can bring my site in at least top 20-30 in google if not in top 10

thanks

dedesigns

Notice from jlhaslip:

Edit typo

http://www.seochat.com/

http://forum.seopedia.ro/forum.php?s=8ba585a7a2ada826f19b964a0e869849

https://moz.com/

etc.. just search google for "SEO" and you`ll find more than you can learn :)

Edited by hts (see edit history)

It's not that easy to get into the top 10 or 20 unless your site has a unique name AND someone actually searchs for that name. For example, if you site is called "AbbaCabbaTabba" and someone searchs that of course they would find your site first. But I doubt someone searchs that for fun...

lol... i not very good englsih because i have taken class not so much in recent yesrs only in summer but how you think this seo works. in me computer i use seo in many usages from today life to work life. this means that the seo is compulsary...why is it compulary you may ask? i think it must be fact from the neglection and determination of different factors. you guys know factor is? to explain i explain people who not be so good english like myself. factor is a way different - different factor from dictionary means different oppertunityies.also i think you should try seochat like before becos most safe be the have like them look like the thing from the like from the... sorry my english not so good ! i hope this can help you and thanks for me!=)

Hi All,
I'm looking for some tools or any tricks for the SEO.. I have studied many things online about google search rank, page rank .. and all but all goes from above my head :)

can anyone tell me in simple way how I can bring my site in at least top 20-30 in google if not in top 10
thanks
dedesigns

Notice from jlhaslip:

Edit typo

Its not as simple as that, if it was the top 10 would change daily. There are no real tricks, from my understanding making your site position high in search engines comes from

1. Having a bot friendly page, text links, as little pictures as possable and no hidden keywords etc.

2. Having incoming links on other sites pointing to your site, don't pay one of these companies to put 40,000,000 links all over the internet, the bots pick up on this and will "blacklist" your site (not sure about that terminology)

3. Having content on your site, the bots will pick up on this, you want text content which the bots can index.

4. Meta tags in your page, you don't want to use too many keywords in your keywords tag 15-25 is a good amount. Also re-directs are not robot friendly.

5. One consideration is the domain name, it seems that msn will look at your domain and treat it like a super keyword, my domain is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ on msn if you search rc forum it comes up 3rd but if you search nitro car forum it wont be in the top 40 :P

I too am trying to work up the ranks, i have achived with MSN Search (the easiest one) and am number 3 (as i said earlier) and number 1 on the uk version. However i still havn't achived much with my google position, i still am not in the top 1000 for the search rc forum or rc-forum :P .

as well as checking google to find out your position and competition you should also check AOL.com as they use google results only they mix them up abit. AOL is the world's 2nd most used search engine.Remember that you've got to build better SEO'd sites than your competitors for a keyword on order to rank above them.

@Bkag: beside what you said and some corrections (what you should and can do)->

-301 permanent redirect is safe...the bot will handle the situation :)

-add your site to safe and trustworthy directories who don't require a backlink..

-the domain name is important for google also..

-unique, high quality content will help you rank better

-SE-friendly URL`s (like https://www.salesforce.com/products/platform/overview/ instead of https://www.salesforce.com/products/platform/overview/)..this helps bots to index your site

-build a sitemap and submit it to Google Sitemaps

-use alt tag for images and title for links,.it increases keyword density

-links to the important parts of your site must be on the first page (index)

-use robots.txt

let's say it`s a short summary about seo..just read from the sites I posted in my first message of this post:)

sorry mate, but if you want a top position you need to learn about pagerank, using the title tags and teta tags in html.some things you can do (as others have suggested) - swap links with other websites and use your keywords in the linking text.try to mention your keywords on your webpage - use them in <h1> </h1> tags at the start of the page.

Hi All,
I'm looking for some tools or any tricks for the SEO.. I have studied many things online about google search rank, page rank .. and all but all goes from above my head :)

thanks
dedesigns

Notice from jlhaslip:

Edit typo

Hi,

To get into the top 10 at Google, you need to be careful about choosing the keywords you're trying to optimize for. It's important to use a tool where you can get an approximation of the level of traffic for the keyword phrase. You can find a free tool called Good Keywords, at softnick.com This tool, uses the Overture engine database to give you data on how many times a particular keyword phrase is keyed into the engine on a monthly basis. You can expect Google to have many more searches on the same phrase. You should consider making your choosen keyword phrase part of your domain. Then you need to optimize your site for your keyword phrase and also have a strong linking campaign as well. Check out my free ebook download on SEO available at my site for more help on SEO.