xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Robbie Rotten

Upcoming Games Some upcoming games here

A list of upcoming PC-games in 2006 and 2007! I have not included any Sports-games, and hardly any MMOs, as they do not interest me.

Games in 2006

The Secret Files: Tunguska (29. September)

Point-and-click adventure game based on the mysterious Tunguska phenomenon that occurred in July 1908, in which the Siberian region of Tunguska was engulfed in an inferno of flames that turned everything into debris and ashes

Company of Heroes (29. September)

The development team behind Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is working on a new WWII Real-Time Strategy game. Company of Heroes lets you guide your troops across a variety of battlefields in Europe.

Open Multiplayer-beta

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (13. October)

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic puts players in a first-person perspective, using the Source Engine from Valve.

Gothic 3 (13. October)

A huge, open-ended Role-Playing Game.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (20. October)

Microsoft Flight Simulator X is the newest title in the long-running Flight Simulator series.

Battlefield 2142 (20. October)

Battlefield 2142 is set in a post ice age future, where great battles take place for control over the remaining land.

Neverwinter Nights 2 (20. October)

The talent behind the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale franchises are reuniting to make the sequel to the celebrated D&D franchise

Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (24. October)

Forces of Corruption is an expansion pack for Star Wars: Empire at War. In the game, you can play as part of the light side, the dark side, or -for the first time ever- the corrupt side.

Splinter Cell Double Agent (27. October)

The Splinter Cell stealth action series returns for a fourth go-around in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent.

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point (27. October)

Extraction Point is the first expansion pack for F.E.A.R., and picks up where the original game ended. It features new weaponry, enemies, and locations.

Hellgate: London (October)

Hellgate: London is a First-Person Role-Playing game set in postapocalyptic London.

Test Drive Unlimited (17. November)

Test Drive Unlimited is a street racing game that lets you drive licensed cars and motorcycles on 1000 miles of Hawaiian roads and highways.

Need for Speed Carbon (03. November)

In NFS Carbon you aim to take over the city by winning races and defeating other racing crews.

Medieval 2: Total War (03. November)

Medieval 2: Total War is fourth installment in the franchise, and features the same empire building and real time battles, but with improved graphics, gameplay enhancements, and more.

CellFactor: Revolution (December)

CellFactor is an FPS with an epic storyline, set in a warefare industrial atmosphere. It features 3 playable main characters, each with distinctive play styles. This is the title that will hype the PhysX cards.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (Q4)

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas is the fifth title in the Rainbow Six series, and pits players against terrorists who have taken the city of Vegas hostage.

Infernal (Q4)

Infernal lets you play as an agent of Hell sent to Earth to gather souls. Stop Heaven's agents from stealing your prey by sniping, sneaking around, and driving in various hellish vehicles.

Huxley (Q4)

Huxley is a MMOFPS set in a post-apocalyptic world where humans and mutants are at war.

Alpha Prime (Q4)

Make your way through an abandoned deep space asteroid mining base battling rebellious robots and Special Force commandos.

Armed Assault (Q4)

In Armed Assault, you must fight in modern battlefields with a variety of vehicles and equipment. This first-person shooter features multiplayer modes, a mission editor, and more.

Pacific Storm (Q4)

A World War II Real-Time Strategy and Simulator game that lets you take control of individual vehicles during battle.

Operation Flashpoint 2 (TBA)

Bohemia Interactive is working on a sequel to the popular Cold War-themed shooter.

Crysis (Q4 2006 or Q1 2007)

Crysis is a Sci-Fi FPS game for the PC, where mankind must struggle to survive in the face of an alien invasion.

Games in 2007

Half-Life 2: Episode Two (23. February)

Half-Life 2: Episode Two is the second expansion pack for Half-Life 2, and will include an additional single-player game called Portal and Team Fortress 2 as the multiplayer component.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernoby (Q1)

An open-ended Sci-Fi FPS-RPG set during a fictional second Chernobyl disaster.

Medal of Honor: Airborne (Q1)

The next installment in the long-running World War II shooter series will follow a group of paratroopers.

Stranglehold (Q1)

Stranglehold is a Third-Person Action Adventure game set in Hong Kong and Chicago. The game is a collaboration between action film director John Woo, and actor Chow Yun-Fat, who stars in the game.

Unreal Tournament 2007 (Q1)

Unreal Tournament 2007 is the next installment in Epic Games' popular Sci-Fi Shooter series.

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (Q1)

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is an online, tactical shooter in which the armies of Earth are fighting an alien race known as the Strogg.

Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway (Q1)

Ubisoft brings the third installment of their historic shooter series, Brothers in Arms, to the PC.

Haze (Q1)

Haze is a First-person Shooter from the developers of Timesplitters, where things look set to get very strange very quickly.

Battlestations Midway (Q1)

This tactical naval game from the creators of Imperium Galactica III will recreate the naval battles of WWII and is backed by a detailed 3D graphics engine.

Supreme Commander (Q1)

Game designer Chris Taylor, creator of Total Annihilation, returns to the RTS genre with the new franchise Supreme Commander.

World in Conflict (Q2)

World in Conflict is a real-time strategy game developed by Massive Entertainment, the team behind Ground Control. The game takes you to an alternate version of present-day Earth in which the Soviet Union still exists.

Elveon (Q2)

Elveon is an action RPG game, in which you play as an Elf attempting to liberate the city of Nimathar

BioShock (Q2)

This hybrid First-Person Shooter from the creators of System Shock 2 combines elements of Sci-Fi and Role-Playing genres.

Spore (Q3)

Spore is a simulation game created by Will Wright that allows players to control various life forms from the cellular to the galactic level.

Dark Sector (Q3)

Dark Sector is a first person sci-fi shooter from Digital Extremes.

Clive Barker's Jericho (Q4)

Horror writer Clive Barker is collaborating on this horror game set within a walled city in northern Africa that happens to be filled with the souls of slaughtered warriors.

White Gold: War In Paradise (Q4, aka sequel to Boiling Point)

A modern FPS/RPG, White Gold: War in Paradise explores the shadowy background of modern low intensity conflicts. Based in the Caribbean basin, players find themselves on an island aflame with revolt.

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars (TBA)

The third game in the original C&C series features a new race and new storyline.

Fallout 3 (TBA)

After being canceled at Interplay, this sequel to the cult post-apocalyptic role-playing game was resurrected by Bethesda, where it is currently in development.

Alan Wake (TBA)

Alan Wake is a psychological action thriller set in the American Northwest. The PC version is exclusive to the Windows Vista operating system.

Alone In The Dark (TBA)

Atari is developing a next generation sequel to the classic horror game.

Project Offset (TBA)

Project Offset is an FPS game set in an epic fantasy world, which features single player, coop, team based objective, and deathmatch play.

Assassin's Creed (TBA)

The first game in the Assassin's Creed franchise is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart.

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (TBA)

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is a third person action game that features co-op play with squad tactics.

Released Games

Call of Juarez (September)

Western-themed First-Person Shooter.

Joint Task Force (September)

Real-Time Strategy game involving advanced military technology. Lead through twenty dramatic missions in explosive war-zones including the Middle East, Central Asia, and the Balkans.

El Matador (September)

El Matador is a Third-Person tactical action game with stealth features.

Broken Sword Angel Death (Q3)

The Broken Sword series continues in this fourth installment of the Adventure-series.

Edited by Robbie Rotten (see edit history)

very usefull post althou it was copy from a page, it would be great for you to show the type of game, like strategy, shooter. It is mess up.I am wAIting for de relace of mediaval 2 and of half life episode 2with exatation. :) .But althout this thing it was useful

Very hefty list of games. I only read those that are coming out during the remaining of 2006 and I must say they are games I will look forward to. I haven't played NFS Most Wanted but maybe I will wait and get NFS Carbon instead. I have always wanted a Flight Simulator game I had the 1998 version I believe although it wasn't really that special of course because it was so old but I do plan on purchasing FS X. Test Drive also sounds like a good one, I might buy a few of these if they come out for Play Station 2 instead of PC but it really all depends.

wow thats an awesome collection of games. great work done dude. Keep this thread informed on these games. I'm very eager to get my hads didrty on NFS Carbon

Well I have a few great games on preorder. Coming next week I have Mortal Kombat: armegedeon. That game is gonna be off the hook. Creat-A-Karacter, and more. Rumor has it thi sgame is supposed to clear the slate, so teh creators can come up with new storylines and characters for the next- gen consoles.Another game is Fianl Fantasy XII, which is coming on halloween. This game here usesa revamped game engine form Fianl Fantasy Tactics, and the story line is finally getting away from what we have been expiriencing in games from FFVIII through X-2. It's supposed to have a much darker storyline like VII.The last one is my own chice. It's WWE Smack Down VS Raw 2007. This game is coming in November. Not much diffierent in this game from the last. Just abetter grappling system and some roster changes.

You know a list like this has to be put in quote tags don't you?Anyway, the most popular game in that list would be Enemy Territory Quake Wars in my opinion, the new Battlefield is a rip off from all the ideas in ETQW :) . Quake Wars will be the first game to combine some very nice features: Megatexturing (Large world with low system requirements), very team based (unlike with the battlefield series every class you can pick is needed in a succesfull team) and ofrourse vehicles in a future time setting :P